The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do with my life after A-Levels

(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by NaturalHazard
Just got my AS-Level results today and I got A(Accounting), A(Maths) and C(Business Studies) but I am still not sure if I want to go to Uni to study Accounting and Finance as I don't know if it is worth the time and money. I'm thinking of going into acting at a drama school but again I'm not sure if this is a smart choice as I will make no use of my A-Levels. I will finish my A-Levels this year but I need to start thinking now of what I want to do with my life. :h:

You have a year to figure what you want to do, dont stress. Search online for jobs suited for the subjects you are studying that appeal to you as there are many options. You have alot of time, focus on getting the best grades possible first then what you want to do. Best of luck x
Congratulations on your amazing results :smile: and as the previous response said, you do have a year to think about your options and what you want to do :smile: don't forget that your university experience isn't just what you do academically, it honestly is such a special time in your life and an almost once in a lifetime experience! A lot of universities actually offer an opportunity to study a join honors and you'll be surprised what kinds of course combinations you can do, we have a student here currently studying Drama and Business :smile: never think your passions are impossible, just ask, you never know what universities can offer :P

Whatever you decide, we hope you choose something that makes you excited, passionate and happy!

Best of luck,
- Jessy from Kingston University

Quick Reply

Latest