The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Post-16-student
That’s great thank you for the information, do they still have a look at your gcse and a level grades or do they just focus on the foundation year. Also is it hard to get into medicine though foundation year and what if you do good and still don’t get in?

Hi :smile:

The transfer to Leeds is entirely based on your performance in Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine. Students will need to achieve 70% overall, 70% in Chemistry and pass all modules at first attempt.

Students will also need to complete a BMAT, application and pass the interview stage with the Leeds Medical School Admissions Team.

If students are unsuccessful, they can continue on to the first year of Clinical Sciences BSc, and they will have an opportunity to transfer into year 2 of the MBChB programme at the end of that year.

If unsuccessful, students would usually complete the Clinical Sciences BSc and apply for Medicine as a graduate. Approximately 30-40% of our Clinical Science BSc grads go into Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM).

Please note, the transfer to Leeds is very competitive and by no means guaranteed.
Thanks
Joe
Original post by I_A_786
Hi again, I was just wondering that the website stated that you need references when applying to Leeds. Where do you get these references from. Also it states that you need to make a completely new personal statement. Can you still use the same work experience on your new personal statement or do you need to get more?

Thank you :smile:

Hello :smile:

Our Clinical Sciences BSc academic staff will provide the references you need for the transfer to Leeds.
You can apply to Leeds with the work experience you used to get into Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine but, please note the competition for places in medical school is very high.

Therefore any added work experience may boost your chances at application and interview stage.

Cheers
Joe
Hello all :smile:

I just thought I'd let you know there is an official thread about this course in the University of Bradford Forum where you can find out more information and chat to others interested in this years intake and beyond.

Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine

Cheers
Joe
Hi, congratulations on transferring I was just wondering how long it took for you to get offered an interview after sending off your application?
Reply 44
Original post by Smile0506
Hello, I recently completed my foundation year in medicine at the Universty of Bradford; I successfully transferred to the University of Leeds this year. If you have any question, feel free to post here and I will try my best to reply as soon as possible :smile:

Thought someone needed some advice about how to go transfer to another uni after foundation year lol. Seriously well done on completing your foundation year and transferring to Leeds. :smile:
Hello, I recently completed my foundation year in medicine at the Universty of Bradford; I successfully transferred to the University of Leeds this year. If you have any question, feel free to post here and I will try my best to reply as soon as possible :smile:

Hi, congratulations on transferring I was just wondering how long it took for you to get offered an interview at Leeds after sending off your application?
(edited 4 years ago)
Is content covered in foundation year biomedical sciences and medicine the same
Hello :hello:

Our Modules for the Foundation year route to Biomedical Science and the Foundation in Clinical Science/Medicine are different. If you want a comparison, please let me know. :cyber:

Sue :h:
Original post by Aliyah Ahmed
Is content covered in foundation year biomedical sciences and medicine the same

hello please reply to this if you can.i am in the uni of plymouth now studying medicine in my 4th year.my parents live in london and so i have to commute there every 2 weeks to see them by train.i want to transfer to another uni in my foundation year in or near london like imperial college,ucl or kings college.can you if its possible answer the following:
-do you need to meet the unis entry requirements to transfer for your foundation year?
how do you transfer to another uni and do every unis except it?
thank you very much
Hull York, Brighton and Sussex and Lancaster also accept this foundation year. Please feel free to dm me, I was successful in gaining a place for 2019 entry at the University of Leeds!
There is some overlap but I would say that the Biomedical Sciences course is much more rigorous and academically challenging due to 9 am - 6pm days from the onset
Please be aware that 2019 is the last year that students who apply from the Foundation Year will be able to apply for guaranteed, ring fenced places at Leeds (20 in Foundation and 20 in First Year). From 2020, all students in the Foundation Year will have to apply through UCAS to Leeds, Sheffield, Brighton and Sussex, Lancaster and Hull York during the foundation year.
If this is your last chance to apply for medicine I would take it. I chickened out and now im studying abroad which is costing me way too much money. One of my biggest regrets is not accepting my offer for this course. Don't get disheartened by the apparently low transfer rates.
so im about to start clinical sciences in Bradford this September with the intention of hoping to be transferred to medicine.
I am aware that you can apply to Leeds and sheffield once your test result of 70% is confirmed. however for Sheffield entry would I have to do the UkCAT again, or will my 2019 ukcat be accepted?
also my A levels were really bad: I got ACC, and I was wondering if this would disadvantage me when deciding for interview?
thank you!
Original post by Zahra098
so im about to start clinical sciences in Bradford this September with the intention of hoping to be transferred to medicine.
I am aware that you can apply to Leeds and sheffield once your test result of 70% is confirmed. however for Sheffield entry would I have to do the UkCAT again, or will my 2019 ukcat be accepted?
also my A levels were really bad: I got ACC, and I was wondering if this would disadvantage me when deciding for interview?
thank you!

Hey @Zahra098 :smile:

I'm glad to hear you'll be joining Team Bradford this September :biggrin:

In regards to your enquiry, you would need to contact the Sheffield Admissions' team, and they would advise you on whether you need to do a new UKCAT or if 2019 is accepted. For the Foundation Year in Clinical Sciences/Medicine we require 104 UCAS points so your grades should not be an issue. You can process an application if you are interested in 2019 entry.

Hope this helps, thanks :smile:

Becky

Hi ,I am in year 13 now and trying to apply for foundation to medicine in university of Bradford. do you have to be 19 of age in order to start the course or can I start it at age 18?
Original post by nae nae3
Hi ,I am in year 13 now and trying to apply for foundation to medicine in university of Bradford. do you have to be 19 of age in order to start the course or can I start it at age 18?

Hey :smile:

We would be able to accept applications from students who are 18 years of age.

I hope this helps answer your questions! Thanks.

Nafeesa :h:
hello,

I am aware you are currently able to transfer to medicine and pharmacy, I was wondering if people can transfer to dentistry from this year foundation year programme and if so, what dental schools?

thank you!
Original post by Zahra098
hello,

I am aware you are currently able to transfer to medicine and pharmacy, I was wondering if people can transfer to dentistry from this year foundation year programme and if so, what dental schools?

thank you!

Hi there,

Yes! This course offers you many opportunities to progress on to other healthcare courses. Our graduates from this course have progressed to postgraduate study, leading to careers in medicine, the healthcare sciences and other healthcare roles such as Dentists.

Students are able to apply to other Dental schools whilst they are enrolled onto the foundation year, but it would best to confirm beforehand with the Dental schools you are interested in progressing onto, whether or not they would accept this foundation year as a route onto their programme.

I hope this helps!

Nafeesa :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending