Do you apply for a deferred entry or do you ask for it after getting a place

Watch
robertsd12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I haven't been told specifically how to apply for deferred entry to university so do you send off your application away with a request for deferred entry or do you wait to receive your offers then ask for it?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by robertsd12)
I haven't been told specifically how to apply for deferred entry to university so do you send off your application away with a request for deferred entry or do you wait to receive your offers then ask for it?
Is this for the new cycle? If so, there should be a tick box for deferred entry on UCAS when you apply
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Both are suitable ways to get a deferred entry, although asking for deferred entry when applying makes the whole process less stressful and means you don't have to fight through clearing hotlines. I applied for deferred entry on applying and now that I've got my results I have an unconditonal offer starting September 2019.
robertsd12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Is this for the new cycle? If so, there should be a tick box for deferred entry on UCAS when you apply
It is for the new cycle and thank you for your help
robertsd12
Rep:
?
(Original post by xEmilyxx)
Both are suitable ways to get a deferred entry, although asking for deferred entry when applying makes the whole process less stressful and means you don't have to fight through clearing hotlines. I applied for deferred entry on applying and now that I've got my results I have an unconditonal offer starting September 2019.
ok thank you for your help. What course are you doing at UNI?
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by robertsd12)
ok thank you for your help. What course are you doing at UNI?
English language at Sheffield
robertsd12
Rep:
?
(Original post by xEmilyxx)
English language at Sheffield
Thanks for letting me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads