The Student Room Group

Engineering at UEA or foundation year + engineering at Surrey

I've narrowed down my options in clearing to either starting engineering at UEA, or to start a foundation year program then do engineering at Surrey. Which one seems like the better option?
Original post by galav
I've narrowed down my options in clearing to either starting engineering at UEA, or to start a foundation year program then do engineering at Surrey. Which one seems like the better option?

It is up to you - a foundation degree would mean more student finance. Have you contacted the unis and got verbal offers?
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
It is up to you - a foundation degree would mean more student finance. Have you contacted the unis and got verbal offers?

Yes I have, I also have their emails
Reply 3
If you're happy with the course and the uni UEA you can just go ahead with it. A found year costs extra and there is still a requirement for you to get into the degree programme. It's conditional.
Original post by galav
Yes I have, I also have their emails

OK :smile: Congrats! So now you just need to make the decision before your deadline passes! Make a pros and cons list and check out the relevant uni forums on TSR and/or post questions :smile:
Reply 5
yeah thank you so much! what I was wondering tho is that is any uni out of these ones considered more prestigious/will have better chances of me getting a job etc?
Original post by galav
yeah thank you so much! what I was wondering tho is that is any uni out of these ones considered more prestigious/will have better chances of me getting a job etc?

According to this link - UEA is slightly above Surrey in the general league tables but Surrey is above in engineering. Best to go with whatever one suits you :smile:
Original post by galav

We're obviously very biased but UEA is great! :smile: I studied here myself and graduated a month ago and now I'm back doing an internship. It's a great campus with so many facilities and Norwich is a wonderful place to visit or live. I also did a foundation year on my course (Media Studies) which set me up pretty well for the rest of the degree, however some people feel they don't need this and I guess you have to take into consideration the extra financial cost of the additional year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions :smile:
Heidi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending