11easkry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

I am facing a dilemma over which subject I want to drop next year. I am in my first year doing Business, Accounting, ICT, and History, and I want to do finance/business after college. I am unsure as to whether I should drop ICT or History.

With ICT, it is a Level 3 Cambridge Technical where next year I do purely coursework which would be good, however I am not sure whether this will put me at a disadvantage doing it alongside 2 A-Levels in terms of uni applications.

With History, we would do coursework, Tudors, as well as have to look back on Crusades and Stuarts,my only concern is that it doesn't strongly link to accounting/business.
username3257996
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
History for sure
liamjoseph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It obviously depends on what you think you're going to excel more in and enjoy. I think both are fine for then going onto accounting/business - especially with your other A Levels.

I would say ICT fits more into this though - so it might be better to keep this, so that you're able to link this with how you're prepared for the course when writing your personal statement, even though your other subjects could do this quite easily so it wouldn't put you at a disadvantage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.79%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.21%

Watched Threads