How long does Bristol take to release you into clearing? Watch

Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Results day was horrible. Should've been a good day but my college ruined it. One of my A-Levels wasn't sent to UCAS because my college forgot to cash it in and as a result I was erroneously rejected from my firm (offered a different course) - I got AAA but they received AAC, my C from last year. My offer was A*AA so I thought they'd declined me because I missed the A* by 1 UMS, so I went and got an offer in clearing with AAA.

Then they called me when my AAA came through on UCAS and I found out they rejected me because they thought I had AAC, and they've told me to accept the clearing offer which will be easier than them changing the UCAS course back to the original one, and apparently it won't make any difference to my accommodation, but now I've got to wait for my insurance Bristol to release me. I filled out the form and Bristol sent me an email saying they've done so, but how long will it takes to go through on UCAS so I can accept Warwick? I'm so anxious and fed up of this.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kocytean)
Results day was horrible. Should've been a good day but my college ruined it. One of my A-Levels wasn't sent to UCAS because my college forgot to cash it in and as a result I was erroneously rejected from my firm (offered a different course) - I got AAA but they received AAC, my C from last year. My offer was A*AA so I thought they'd declined me because I missed the A* by 1 UMS, so I went and got an offer in clearing with AAA.

Then they called me when my AAA came through on UCAS and I found out they rejected me because they thought I had AAC, and they've told me to accept the clearing offer which will be easier than them changing the UCAS course back to the original one, and apparently it won't make any difference to my accommodation, but now I've got to wait for my insurance Bristol to release me. I filled out the form and Bristol sent me an email saying they've done so, but how long will it takes to go through on UCAS so I can accept Warwick? I'm so anxious and fed up of this.
It would be easy as anything for them to adjust their offer back from a UCC to confirm your original

Although if Bristol say it's been done then it should show on Track overnight.
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hey! Just letting you know I've added a link to this discussion in the Uni of Bristol forum.
Kocytean
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It would be easy as anything for them to adjust their offer back from a UCC to confirm your original

Although if Bristol say it's been done then it should show on Track overnight.
I thought it sounded weird but the guy on the phone sounded scary and I didn't wanna push too hard, I was glad just to hear it would be sorted, I was really worried about not getting in. Although I did state I hadn't yet entered clearing, maybe he misunderstood and thought I had.

Otherwise, I suspect it's something to do with manipulating their stats, with AAA, probably soon to be A*AA grades I'd be pulling their entry requirements down, but pulling their average clearing grades up.

That long? Ugh. Thanks though!
Kocytean
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Hey! Just letting you know I've added a link to this discussion in the Uni of Bristol forum.
Thanks!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suspect it's something to do with manipulating their stats, with AAA, probably soon to be A*AA grades I'd be pulling their entry requirements down, but pulling their average clearing grades up.

That long? Ugh. Thanks though!
The stats don't look at application route
Kocytean
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The stats don't look at application route
Huh, that's just weird then. Really not sure why they're making me do it this way, it's a lot more stressful. This should've all been done hours ago.
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks!
You're welcome! I hope everything gets sorted out soon! Sending lots of support and positivity!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate