The Student Room Group

How many research methods to use for an MA dissertation?

Hi! I'm currently writing my master's dissertation and I'm starting to panic about my methodology. The topic of my dissertation is looking at the Red Ring of Death crisis which was a technical crisis that happened to Microsoft costing them $1.15 billion. I'm looking at how this affected their reputation etc.

For my methodology, I have conducted an interview with the ex-vice president of Microsoft at the time. I've also done a survey that I posted on here and on my Facebook etc. Do you think that's enough? That's only two research methods.

Let me know what you think! Panicking!
Original post by BethanM_
Hi! I'm currently writing my master's dissertation and I'm starting to panic about my methodology. The topic of my dissertation is looking at the Red Ring of Death crisis which was a technical crisis that happened to Microsoft costing them $1.15 billion. I'm looking at how this affected their reputation etc.

For my methodology, I have conducted an interview with the ex-vice president of Microsoft at the time. I've also done a survey that I posted on here and on my Facebook etc. Do you think that's enough? That's only two research methods.

Let me know what you think! Panicking!

Why would you need to do more than that?

I wouldn't worry, for my MSc dissertation I'm only using vignettes in semi-structured interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending