sejb222
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I didn't get the grades I needed to go to Manchester so I've narrowed it down in clearing to University of East Anglia Biology with a foundation versus Portsmouth biology (no foundation year). I was checking up on what the foundation year involves and it seems that it's very much like A levels. I hope to transfer after a year to a better uni provided I do well in the first year, so I'm just wondering what others would choose. I think in terms of the city Id prefer UEA. Another thing is that UEA is ranked fairly higher than Portsmouth for biology, so I'm wondering if I have a higher chance of transferring successfully from UEA than from Portsmouth?

Thanks for the help
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sejb222)
Hi, I didn't get the grades I needed to go to Manchester so I've narrowed it down in clearing to University of East Anglia Biology with a foundation versus Portsmouth biology (no foundation year). I was checking up on what the foundation year involves and it seems that it's very much like A levels. I hope to transfer after a year to a better uni provided I do well in the first year, so I'm just wondering what others would choose. I think in terms of the city Id prefer UEA. Another thing is that UEA is ranked fairly higher than Portsmouth for biology, so I'm wondering if I have a higher chance of transferring successfully from UEA than from Portsmouth?

Thanks for the help
I wouldn't worry about rankings.

If you prefer UEA then accept it. I don't think transferring is a wise idea after a year purely on the basis of rankings - it's an unnecessary upheaval.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads