Minivampire GYG (2018 - 2019) I'm a uni student!Watch
Time for grow your grades university style
English lit: A
English lang: A
Science core: C
Science additional: B
Product design: C
Health and social care: A*
OCR business processing: Pass
I must admit, I am proud of what I achieved considering the circumstances at the time, but I am also disappointed in these results - I should have tried harder.
I should have revised, but I didn't touch revision at all.
Although, I only attended high school in year 7 - I then left due to heavy bullying, then came back in year 11.
Proudest moment: in English we had to do speaking and listening.
Now I am so shy and have anxiety. I was scared, I thought this was what would fail English for me.
I chose mental health as my topic - mainly on depression.
Before the actual exam date for the speech, we had a full day on a speaking course. Sitting in a circle with my class, it came to me (we just had to describe your friend, as an introduction task). I refused at first, but the instructor convinced me.. he said I could stay seated for it. So I did it - he said I was really good.
At the end of the day, we went over our actual speeches - everyone was wide eyed as I was talking.
I was told to take up motivational speaking
- Aqa Psychology
- Aqa Sociology
- BTEC Health and social care level 3 (Pearson)
Psychology overall - C
Paper 1 = A
Paper 2 = U (?? My teacher believed it was marked wrong, as the breakdown showed me as basically answering no questions. I didn't bother to get it remarked).
Sociology overall - C
Paper 1 (education) = D
Paper 2 (family - self taught this section) = B
Health and social care - midway through the BTEC
Paper 1 (self taught) = merit (B)
Coursework piece 1 = distinction (A)
However it was my own fault for not putting enough effort in revision.
- Staffordshire university - Psychology - Unconditional offer
- Keele - Psychology - Unconditional offer
- Derby - Psychology - 120 points
- Staffs uni - Psychology w/ foundation year - unconditional offer
- Keele - Psychology w/ placement year - 96 points
I accepted Staffs as my firm choice w/o foundation
Health and social care level 3 overall - Distinction (A)
Paper 1 = Merit (B)
Paper 2 = Merit (B)
Coursework = Dis (A)
Unit 11 psychological perspectives coursework = Dis (A)
I had the option to retake the exams to get an A*, I refused - as exams make me panic so much, I didn't see the point.
Psychology - C
Sociology - C.
So disappointed in myself.
I actually tried so hard for this but so much was going on at the time...
- Dad has terminal cancer
- Nan has terminal cancer, then hypothermia (I'm her carer)
- Aunt with hypothermia (I'm her cook and cleaner - due to mental disability)
- My relationship broke down
- Fighting social services to let me move house; no heating, no hot water, domestic abuse happening above me (can hear it every night), animal abuse against a staffy (now stopped - beautiful puppy), blood up the walls in the hallway, needles and alcohol in the hallway, smashed windows, fights, police come often, ambulances there often, I've been offered cocaine, woken up by banging on my door everyday at 3 a.m etc.
- Depressive episodes...
- Panic attacks
Alevel results day - check.
Online enrollment - check.
Commuters day at Staffs - 7th Sep
Face to face enrollment/family fun day - 16th Sep
Welcome week - 17th Sep to 19th Sep
First day in class - 24th Sep
- Foundations of psychology
- Introduction to research methods
- Comparative basis of behaviour
- Perspectives in Psychology
- People behaving badly
- Continue...introduction to research methods
Ready to get cracking before day one
hope uni goes well this year!
Commuters day at Staffordshire University - 7th September