Swansea Or Royal Holloway Watch

MorningYou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am holding offers through clearing for either computer science at Swansea or Royal Holloway. Has anyone been through the same decisions? Can anyone advice me which would be better? Thanks.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MorningYou)
I am holding offers through clearing for either computer science at Swansea or Royal Holloway. Has anyone been through the same decisions? Can anyone advice me which would be better? Thanks.
Maybe try posting in each uni's sub forum to talk to current students about the pros and cons of each uni?

Royal Holloway Swansea University
MorningYou
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Maybe try posting in each uni's sub forum to talk to current students about the pros and cons of each uni?

Royal Holloway Swansea University
That's a good idea, thank you very much!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Royal Holloway is in London. London is notorious for being expensive af. Prepare to spend twice as much on rent as you would in Swansea. Food would be ~20-30% more expensive, dinner out ~40-100% more expensive, you get the idea.

That one aspect to take into consideration. Money may not be your issue, in which case everything I said is irrelevant
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest Swansea. Computer science is moving into the new Computational Foundry on the Bay Campus this year. It is a massive investment £31 million and major IT companies are involved.
MorningYou
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I would suggest Swansea. Computer science is moving into the new Computational Foundry on the Bay Campus this year. It is a massive investment £31 million and major IT companies are involved.
That seems like a deal breaker to me! That is awesome. I like how ambitious Swansea is being with their plans moving forward. Looks like they really focus on computing there! Thank you so much. I have until 7am to accept their offer. I think I will take it based on this alone. Thank you so much!
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That seems like a deal breaker to me! That is awesome. I like how ambitious Swansea is being with their plans moving forward. Looks like they really focus on computing there! Thank you so much. I have until 7am to accept their offer. I think I will take it based on this alone. Thank you so much!
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/campus-deve...tionalfoundry/
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Just to let you know I've popped your thread in the Royal Holloway subforum, with links in both Swansea and UCAS.
Jinkx Monsoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
Royal Holloway is in London. London is notorious for being expensive af. Prepare to spend twice as much on rent as you would in Swansea. Food would be ~20-30% more expensive, dinner out ~40-100% more expensive, you get the idea.

That one aspect to take into consideration. Money may not be your issue, in which case everything I said is irrelevant
Bit late, but I wanted to pop in and point out that RHUL isn't actually in London - it's closer to Windsor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (74)
17.79%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (265)
63.7%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.81%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise