username1401438
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Got my results and I am one mark off a B in Sociology. **** knows how. I didn't even expect to pass it. So I have sent it off for a re-mark but how likely is it that they will give me one extra mark?

I know re-markings changed to be more strict but I got a re-mark for my English GCSE under the new rules and went up by 4 marks. I know Sociology is subjective but what is everyone else's experience?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 4.4KitKat)
Got my results and I am one mark off a B in Sociology. **** knows how. I didn't even expect to pass it. So I have sent it off for a re-mark but how likely is it that they will give me one extra mark?

I know re-markings changed to be more strict but I got a re-mark for my English GCSE under the new rules and went up by 4 marks. I know Sociology is subjective but what is everyone else's experience?
I think you have a good chance of it being pushed up to a B with a subject like Sociology.

P.S. Well done :woo:
username1401438
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
I think you have a good chance of it being pushed up to a B with a subject like Sociology.

P.S. Well done :woo:
I hope so and thank you!
username1401438
Rep:
?
Ooh, another quick question? How long does remarking take? My teacher didn't say and just made me sign a sheet.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ooh, another quick question? How long does remarking take? My teacher didn't say and just made me sign a sheet.
It varies a lot between boards - we've had some back already from Edexcel, OCR are also quick but AQA are likely to take at least 1 week if it's non priority and may be up to 30 days.
username1401438
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It varies a lot between boards - we've had some back already from Edexcel, OCR are also quick but AQA are likely to take at least 1 week if it's non priority and may be up to 30 days.
Jesus, back already? That's quick...
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jesus, back already? That's quick...
Student needed one more mark to get in to the university of his choice, so gave us permission to download 2 papers this morning. Teacher marked them and told him which one was worth a review. We applied and his better grade was back by 5pm so he will have his place.
username1401438
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Student needed one more mark to get in to the university of his choice, so gave us permission to download 2 papers this morning. Teacher marked them and told him which one was worth a review. We applied and his better grade was back by 5pm so he will have his place.
I really hope this happens to me haha
KWABENI_TMI
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait how did you find out your raw marks because I got a C and I really thought i'd get a B.
username1401438
Rep:
?
(Original post by KWABENI_TMI)
Wait how did you find out your raw marks because I got a C and I really thought i'd get a B.
The admin staff at my school told me. You can request it from them, just call/email.

My results sheet wasn't very clear what I got in each individual module either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads