The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSE option

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
*pitseleh*
:rolleyes: What a wally your friend is/was! I actually got so cheesed off hearing all the negative comments in the media after results day last year (I did AS Biology last year as a 'mature' student) that I had a bit of a geek moment and wrote to my local paper. :redface: I got printed as the "star letter", and everything. :laugh:

It's not the only reason why I'm not friends with him now, but it's the one that clinched it. I haven't seen him since results day, and that was about 2 years ago now. There was another girl (who was in my RE class) who was kind of a know it all. I saw her crying at the results day and asked one of my friends what was up with her, and got told this girl was upset because she got an A!

My high school apparantly makes everyone do a short course in RE now, starting in year 9 (it was introduced the year after I left). Do all high schools do this now, or just the one I was at?
Reply 41
It depends...Some subjects have changed very little (my English teacher who's been teaching for 24 years!!! said that English GCSE's are still as hard now as they were) and some have gotten a lot easier, like RE - we had a bunch of past questions last year, and they got harder the older they were!

You've also got subjects like drama where you don't actualy have to think to get an A!
sophiejr15
food technology is easy if you are slighlty ok at coursework, nobody got below a C! and you dont even need to be able to cook, i can barely make a sandwich!
Depends what your exam's on too though. Some are ridiculously easy.

But it's impossible to do well spending 2 hours answering questions about milk.
Anything except Dida that course is easy but just to much work!

i would say Statistics i found that easy
Do not take Art, unless you're passionate about it. I used to love art, but GCSE made me hate it. Do something like R.S which has no right or wrong answer, just a matter of opinion.
Charlybob
Depends what your exam's on too though. Some are ridiculously easy.

But it's impossible to do well spending 2 hours answering questions about milk.

Lol! People did that at my school for their mock.

Out of all the food groups, why milk?
Reply 46
Lulu*et*Moi
Do not take Art, unless you're passionate about it. I used to love art, but GCSE made me hate it.

That's exactly why I didn't take GCSE Art ;yes; Or food tech. Because they're both things I love and things I don't like being told what to do in, so I knew if I took them I'd end up hating them. And also because the art exam was 11 hours long :eek: Obviously not all on the same day though, it was something like 2 consecutive days of 5 and a half hours.
Well yeah it is personal choice at the end of the day, I didn't revise for my maths and science gcse - literally just went into the exam and did it. But overall I'd say RE is really simple, you just need to be good at writing ONE side of an arguement say about believeing in God, abortion, etc. English language is very easy if you read. Depends what your preferences are x :smile:
Cooro
It's not the only reason why I'm not friends with him now, but it's the one that clinched it. I haven't seen him since results day, and that was about 2 years ago now. There was another girl (who was in my RE class) who was kind of a know it all. I saw her crying at the results day and asked one of my friends what was up with her, and got told this girl was upset because she got an A!

My high school apparantly makes everyone do a short course in RE now, starting in year 9 (it was introduced the year after I left). Do all high schools do this now, or just the one I was at?

Oh dear. :rolleyes: Not an A! I knew people like that, too - they were usually the ones who had A*s in everything else, and then made a big fuss about their single A - completely oblivious to all the people around them who had a handful of As, or none at all.

My old school doesn't do that to my knowledge - but they do apparently get some people to do GCSE Statistics in Year 10, which they didn't do when I was there.
i found Sociology, Chemistry and RE really, really easy. RE probably the easiest out of the lot. I found physics, maths and the DTs really hard :P
Reply 50
*pitseleh*
Oh dear. :rolleyes: Not an A! I knew people like that, too - they were usually the ones who had A*s in everything else, and then made a big fuss about their single A - completely oblivious to all the people around them who had a handful of As, or none at all.

My old school doesn't do that to my knowledge - but they do apparently get some people to do GCSE Statistics in Year 10, which they didn't do when I was there.

Yeah, they got people in the top two maths classes (of which I was inexpicably a member despite my predicted grade) to take Stats if they wanted to. I didn't because the lessons for it were twice a week after school. One of those days I had orchestra and martial arts, and the other I just couldn't be bothered.

By the way (and sorry for the complete off-topicness, OP), is your avatar from Princess Mononoke?
Reply 51
xixixiwater
@Tom KJ:
Personally, I find English literature quite hard though, what's your secret on finding it easy? :p:

Well, I love to read and i've always questioned everything about a novel (not part of schoolwork). When I read a chapter, I analyze everything about the text: including every specific detail such as paragraph length, vocabulary, even metaphors, assonance, alliteration, personification, onomatopoaeia etc. etc.

In English Literature, you need to use such language techniques to extend your written response. They often express emotion and time-span.

Most importantly, despite the persistent repetition of this advice on TSR, DO PASS PAPERS and cross reference with the mark schemes.
Id say geography, RE are unbelievebly simple however this is abit of memory to them

Whereas for someone who is good at maths/quite intelligent, Electronics is so so so easy. All you have to be able to do is manipulate equations. You get given values get asked to find other values using the formula in the front of the paper / apply some basic rules. It is so easy. I got 100% in all three modules, but dropped a few marks in coursework
Reply 53
drama is pretty easy! :biggrin: and very fun!
Reply 54
*past Papers ^^
Food Technology is pretty simple.

I got an A* and my final product was a carboard box covered in icing. Yum! :smile:
Cooro
Yeah, they got people in the top two maths classes (of which I was inexpicably a member despite my predicted grade) to take Stats if they wanted to. I didn't because the lessons for it were twice a week after school. One of those days I had orchestra and martial arts, and the other I just couldn't be bothered.

By the way (and sorry for the complete off-topicness, OP), is your avatar from Princess Mononoke?

Heh - Stats was offered to the top set in my school (of which I was a part) but none of the others. I dropped it out of laziness, because I couldn't be bothered to do any more exams in Y11. :biggrin:

And yes, they are kodamas from Mononoke. :smile:
Reply 57
Someone said Edexcel ICT was easy. I found that so hard... well not hard, but boring. It included no ICT skills (apart from the exam, worth 33%). The coursework was about describing how people would use different technologies! So boring.

Uhm RE is easy.

English as mentioned is hard to get an A* in as you need originality... :frown:
Reply 58
*pitseleh*
Heh - Stats was offered to the top set in my school (of which I was a part) but none of the others. I dropped it out of laziness, because I couldn't be bothered to do any more exams in Y11. :biggrin:

And yes, they are kodamas from Mononoke. :smile:

Everyone I know who took it kept it, but apart from the very, very smart people, none of them did very well, eventhough they were in the top sets.

Yay, I got it right :biggrin: It's one of only 2 Ghibli films I've seen.
Reply 59
Xtreme8
Someone said Edexcel ICT was easy. I found that so hard... well not hard, but boring. It included no ICT skills (apart from the exam, worth 33%). The coursework was about describing how people would use different technologies! So boring.

I was the only person in my group who got an A* for ICT. the others mostly got As and Bs, and a few Cs, but not much lower than that. But it was based on pointless stuff like data manipulation and the only thing I can remember about my coursework was that it had something to do with spreadsheets.

Quick Reply