SQA Remark Watch

username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are the chances of me getting a single mark in computing would you say?

Around 20% of all remarked papers apparently go up a grade (probably ranging from 1-7ish marks off).
Obviously subjects like English or art are really to do with who's marking, I'm just wondering how likely I am to get an A..

Rn I'm at AAABB, need AAAAB minimum for most medical schools, so I'm only one single mark off... If anyone's had a remark in computing It'd be nice to know how much your result fluctuated after a remark so I can 1/2 determine my chances..
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Relentas)

Around 20% of all remarked papers apparently go up a grade (probably ranging from 1-7ish marks off).
Obviously subjects like English or art are really to do with who's marking, I'm just wondering how likely I am to get an A..

Rn I'm at AAABB, need AAAAB minimum for most medical schools, so I'm only one single mark off... If anyone's had a remark in computing It'd be nice to know how much your result fluctuated after a remark so I can 1/2 determine my chances..
I think for one mark you have at least a decent chance.

There are quite a few long-form questions in CS papers as I'm sure you've noticed.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I definitely would say it's worth it in this case, since if you were to go up a grade it would be of benefit to your application, and you are only one mark away.
As for the chances, there's a chance that's worth taking, though it's not a particularly high one, so don't be too optimistic.
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
I definitely would say it's worth it in this case, since if you were to go up a grade it would be of benefit to your application, and you are only one mark away.
As for the chances, there's a chance that's worth taking, though it's not a particularly high one, so don't be too optimistic.
There is no point as the sqa have a policy of remarking any papers that are close to a grade boundary.

So OPs paper has probably been remarked anyway
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by e^iπ)
There is no point as the sqa have a policy of remarking any papers that are close to a grade boundary.

So OPs paper has probably been remarked anyway
I am almost certain that this is not true, but I have emailed the SQA to seek clarification.

I have seen people get moved up a grade who have only been one mark away before, so (unless the SQA say differently), I do maintain that I believe that a remark would be worthwhile for OP
username3154862
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
I am almost certain that this is not true, but I have emailed the SQA to seek clarification.

I have seen people get moved up a grade who have only been one mark away before, so (unless the SQA say differently), I do maintain that I believe that a remark would be worthwhile for OP
Lol, glad you wrote that cause my heart dropped when I say the other dude's message xD

I'd love to see what the SQA say.
Ceryss:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

As much as it is very likely they will be able to find another mark, you should remember that a remark can still go either way and that you could end up loosing marks instead.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3154862
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ceryss:))
As much as it is very likely they will be able to find another mark, you should remember that a remark can still go either way and that you could end up loosing marks instead.
Yea, I'm honestly expecting it to just stay at a B knowing my luck xD.
Doing the UKCAT as best as I can to improve my chances at getting in when I apply.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ceryss:))
It's not really 'very likely they will be able to find another mark', as they don't go looking for a mark, as it is marked objectively with the marking scheme, but yes, while it can go either way in this case, it will probably not go down, has a chance of going up, but most do stay the same.
TADADADA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My computing teacher says it older markers are better as they have more experience and know the other answers that aren't in the paper so perhaps your earliest will be done by one of those markers
Abd_Has10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, username3154862, did u end up going into medicine, because I'm the same here 3A2B, one mark away from an A for chemistry.Also, did ur grade for CS go up after remarking?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (11)
18.97%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (8)
13.79%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (17)
29.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (18)
31.03%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.72%
No particular grades needed (3)
5.17%