Meming to Oxbridge II [Year 13 GYG] Watch

thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

(We'll work on this later)

Hi there, over the course of my life I've gone by many names, however on this platform in particular, I go by thotproduct.

Some quick etymology for this one: it's the fascinating port-manteau of thot (patrol), and dot-product. We always have to be on our toes, not just in Maths.

This GYG, is of course, for my Year 13 misadventures. My Year 12 one is here, if you really care (I don't tbh, and you can tell by the formatting lmaooo).

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry. My board for Maths, Further Maths and Physics is OCR A, my Chemistry board is AQA.

Some quick background:
GCSE:
Spoiler:
Show

998A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA

9 in Maths
9 in English Lit
8 in English Lang
A*s in Chemistry, Russian, Farsi, Religious Studies, Biology, Computer Science
As in Additional Maths, Physics, French, Geography

AS Level:
Spoiler:
Show

Further Maths: A
Maths: A
Physics: A
Chemistry: A

A Level:
Spoiler:
Show

Predicted:
A*A*A*A*

>so tell us about yourself?
I promise I'm really interesting if you get to know me, but this is just a GYG so you'll probably learn some things or two about me as we go along, some good, others less so. Without sounding like a bait tinder thot's bio:

I play piano and guitar a bit I guess?

I like my video games I guess?

I speak some languages?

Programming a bit? And do a few sports?

The odd olympiad or three?

>so what's next after Y12?
I told you I would get AAAA at the start of Y12, and that's what I got, this year I'm applying for Cambridge for Maths (or Engineering [Electronic] and then Maths) (I think?, still kinda undecided but leaning towards Maths desu). As such, I'm sitting STEP (even if I don't end up doing Maths it's good fun and I enjoy doing this stuff, it's just what I do well at), MAT and all that jazz.

Olympiad: BChO, BPhO, BMO1 (hopefully), and maybe...just maybe, BMO2? We shall see.

In any case, catch me applying to:
Cambridge: Corpus Christi College
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
Sheffield/Warwick

>tell us your revision technique?
I couldn't tell you because I don't have one. Listening in class would be a good start though.

Everything else
I also try and make deep convo whenever I can to spice things up when things are going slow, do you really think I'm gonna be revising during the holidays, miss me with that, I'm taking some fat naps. I'll try and perhaps incorporate some sort of system where I take requests for topics or things to do or whatnot, to make this place somewhat lively, my grades aren't that interesting to spend an entire year staring at letters and various raw marks.

Tags:
The old squad, with some other guys who I think MAY be interested, taking new tag people everyday, and obviously since GYGs are some long ting and some of them have the audacity with the daily or even twice a day regular updates it can be vexing. I usually update once a week or once a fortnight so I'll try not to be too disruptive(!). If you wanna come in, if you wanna come out, just ask, unlike Luis Suarez, I don't bite, and unlike Zinedine Zidane, you won't get headbutted for saying so.
Last edited by thotproduct; 3 months ago
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
YES let's go
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
🇪🇺
Black Water
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thotproduct)

(We'll work on this later)

Hi there, over the course of my life I've gone by many names, however on this platform in particular, I go by thotproduct.

Some quick etymology for this one: it's the fascinating port-manteau of thot (patrol), and dot-product. We always have to be on our toes, not just in Maths.

This GYG, is of course, for my Year 13 misadventures. My Year 12 one is here, if you really care (I don't tbh, and you can tell by the formatting lmaooo).

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry. My board for Maths, Further Maths and Physics is OCR A, my Chemistry board is AQA.

Some quick background:
GCSE:
Spoiler:
Show

998A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA

9 in Maths
9 in English Lit
8 in English Lang
A*s in Chemistry, Russian, Farsi, Religious Studies, Biology, Computer Science
As in Additional Maths, Physics, French, Geography

AS Level:
Spoiler:
Show

AAAA
Further Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry

A Level:
Spoiler:
Show

Predicted:
A*A*A*A*

>so tell us about yourself?
I promise I'm really interesting if you get to know me, but this is just a GYG so you'll probably learn some things or two about me as we go along, some good, others less so. Without sounding like a bait tinder thot's bio:

I play piano and guitar a bit I guess?

I like my video games I guess?

I speak some languages?

Programming a bit? And do a few sports?

The odd olympiad or three?

>so what's next after Y12?
I told you I would get AAAA at the start of Y12, and that's what I got, this year I'm applying for Cambridge for Maths (I think?, still kinda undecided but leaning towards Cambridge desu). As such, I'm sitting STEP (even if I don't end up doing Maths it's good fun and I enjoy doing this stuff, it's just what I do well at), MAT and all that jazz.

Olympiad: BChO, BPhO, BMO1 (hopefully), and maybe...just maybe, BMO2? We shall see.

In any case, catch me applying to:
Cambridge: Corpus Christi College
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
Sheffield/Warwick

>tell us your revision technique?
I couldn't tell you because I don't have one. Listening in class would be a good start though.

Everything else
I also try and make deep convo whenever I can to spice things up when things are going slow, do you really think I'm gonna be revising during the holidays, miss me with that, I'm taking some fat naps. I'll try and perhaps incorporate some sort of system where I take requests for topics or things to do or whatnot, to make this place somewhat lively, my grades aren't that interesting to spend an entire year staring at letters and various raw marks.

Tags:
The old squad, with some other guys who I think MAY be interested, taking new tag people everyday, and obviously since GYGs are some long ting and some of them have the audacity with the daily or even twice a day regular updates it can be vexing. I usually update once a week or once a fortnight so I'll try not to be too disruptive(!). If you wanna come in, if you wanna come out, just ask, unlike Luis Suarez, I don't bite, and unlike Zinedine Zidane, you won't get headbutted for saying so.
PRSOM. Will definitely be watching this.
have
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah Yeah Gang Gang.
A Levels no pressure.
thotproduct
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quirky Object)
🇪🇺
Экс ди
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
:ninja:
(no tag list though please)
psc---maths
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
glhf👍 keep me on the tags list pls
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
thotproduct
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Water)
PRSOM. Will definitely be watching this.
Cheers

(Original post by have)
Yeah Yeah Gang Gang.
A Levels no pressure.
My guyyyy uno I adhere to the Santan school of thought

(Original post by Lemur14)
:ninja:
(no tag list though please)
sure thing!

(Original post by psc---maths)
glhf👍 keep me on the tags list pls
thank you ! the same for yourself too. Of course.
Jdiwuodr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Why are you applying Corpus Christi 😭😭😭😧 you know they don’t have running water
vivienne0402
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
awwww thx for tagging!!! keep me on the list plz
:blush::blush:feel like you are my crush now [academic one lol
have
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jdiwuodr)
only in like old court. maybe worth showering in a different building to get to live in the oldest student accommodation in the world???
thotproduct
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jdiwuodr)
It's ok I'll make it work lmao. I can tell you that I've grown up in worse conditions.

(Original post by have)
only in like old court. maybe worth showering in a different building to get to live in the oldest student accommodation in the world???
I live in hope still g
thotproduct
Rep:
?
(Original post by vivienne0402)
awwww thx for tagging!!! keep me on the list plz
:blush::blush:feel like you are my crush now [academic one lol
Sure thing! Thanks! You do my subs too?
vivienne0402
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sure thing! Thanks! You do my subs too?
same if you swap ocr physics for edexcel biology
thotproduct
Rep:
?
same if you swap ocr physics for edexcel biology
Oof nice, same boards too. I think I remember your face in the unofficial markschemes. I'm not very smart when it comes to words, and Biology being the english literature of the sciences always made me feel uneasy lmao.
vivienne0402
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oof nice, same boards too. I think I remember your face in the unofficial markschemes. I'm not very smart when it comes to words, and Biology being the english literature of the sciences always made me feel uneasy lmao.
yeah I remember you too lol. :cry::cry:same! biology is a fun to learn but not when the exam comes......
Attachment 768886
Last edited by vivienne0402; 3 months ago
thotproduct
Rep:
?
yeah I remember you too lol. :cry::cry:same! biology is a fun to learn but not when the exam comes......
Attachment 768886
LOOOOL nice. Did you get your mark breakdown for OCR Maths?
dinomite
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
christ all you ****in nerds do maths dont you. tag me pls i hope seeing other smart people revives my last 2 brain cells
thotproduct
Rep:
?
(Original post by dinomite)
christ all you ****in nerds do maths dont you. tag me pls i hope seeing other smart people revives my last 2 brain cells
Still undecided but I'm leaning to it lmaooo. Sure thing boss. Tbqh fam outside numbers, moving objects or chemical reactions I couldn't give you an intelligent answer for any other questions lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads