My mum thinks I’m too skinny?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since I’ve come home she’s mentioned it a lot - I’m a girl about 5ft6 tall and weigh at the moment about 53kg (just under 8 and half stone). I take a size 6/8. I don’t feel too skinny but she says I’ve lost a lot and is worried I have an eating disorder - I was about 10.5 stone a couple years ago and have gradually lost the weight. I’m quite proud of myself but now I feel I have gone too far? Is that too skinny?
cxlvin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healt...alculator.aspx

Use this BMI calculator, it'll show you if you're in a healthy weight range or not. I believe you are likely on the lower range of a healthy BMI which is perfectly fine, but try it for yourself.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cxlvin)
https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healt...alculator.aspx

Use this BMI calculator, it'll show you if you're in a healthy weight range or not. I believe you are likely on the lower range of a healthy BMI which is perfectly fine, but try it for yourself.
Comes out at 18.7 which is just the lowest end of healthy but I don’t feel I even look that thin I have belly fat and back fat I certainly could lose maybe 2-3 more lbs.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
An eating disorder isn't just about losing weight, it's your attitude to weight, food and how you look as well
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
An eating disorder isn't just about losing weight, it's your attitude to weight, food and how you look as well
This^^^

What do you Eat? Are you flexible about eating? Do you ever lie about eating? Have you totally cut out certain foods? Does your weight cause you a lot of anxiety or would gaining weight cause you a lot of anxiety?
username4217472
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are the only one that knows if you have an Eating Disorder. Others can speculate that you do. Do you have body image problems? From your post it doesn't seem like you do, but I am just looking through a computer screen. Like I said you are the only one that truly knows if this is an issue for you or not. If it is all I can say to you is please talk to someone you trust about it and get help. Like I said from the little I have read in the post it doesn't seem that way. It just seems like you are trying to be healthy and lose some weight.
Waldorf67
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was told that so often when I was younger. I’m 5 foot 5, 8 stone and a size 6/8.

I’m just naturally skinny and when I have gained weight in the past, it just didnt suit me!

I highly doubt you have an ED, just young and carefree!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.54%

Watched Threads