The Student Room Group

I'm American, so why did I join here?

That is probably what you are all thinking. It is pretty simple answer actually. In America we do have a site that is quite similar to this but it sucks. It is not active at all. I finished my Undergraduate work back in May and will be starting my Masters study in Speech-Language Pathology on August 27th and I really wanted a more active student room to bounce things around in when I am going hay wire. I could careless the majority of the members here are from another country if they aren't bothered by a Crazy American here. :smile: I can promise you though I am not as crazy as our president. :smile:

So my name is Piper(yes my parents named me that). I am 22, but will be turning 23 in a week. I have my Undergraduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, but I am furthering my education so I can actually do what I set out to do with my education. I currently work Part Time as a Receptionist in a Speech/Language/Audiology Therapy Center so I get to see things in actions first hand. I also enjoy watching 80's movies and Classic TV Shows, traveling, and listening to classic rock music.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Piper95
That is probably what you are all thinking. It is pretty simple answer actually. In America we do have a site that is quite similar to this but it sucks. It is not active at all. I finished my Undergraduate work back in May and will be starting my Masters study in Speech-Language Pathology on August 27th and I really wanted a more active student room to bounce things around in when I am going hay wire. I could careless the majority of the members here are from another country if they aren't bothered by a Crazy American here. :smile: I can promise you though I am not as crazy as our president. :smile:

So my name is Piper(yes my parents named me that). I am 22, but will be turning 23 in a week. I have my Undergraduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, but I am furthering my education so I can actually do what I set out to do with my education. I currently work Part Time as a Receptionist in a Speech/Language/Audiology Therapy Center so I get to see things in actions first hand. I also enjoy watching 80's movies and Classic TV Shows, traveling, and listening to music.

Welcome! Where are you studying? :smile:
Welcome.
I thought America had everything tbh. This place really must be one of a kind. Well enjoy your stay here. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Welcome Piper! Its A-Level results day today so its pretty mad on here!
Reply 4
Welcome here yo.

But gahhhhh it's couldn't care less, if you could care less that means you care...
Original post by Gus_4

I knooowww 😂😂😂
I was always under the impression masters do not exist in the US, only PHD.
Reply 7
Original post by Professional G
Welcome.
I thought America had everything tbh. This place really must be one of a kind. Well enjoy your stay here. :biggrin:
Far from it. They try to put up a front like they do. :smile:

Original post by Gus_4
I don't really know what that means exactly except that it is some sort of exam and grades that determine the rest of your life I suppose.

Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome here yo.

But gahhhhh it's couldn't care less, if you could care less that means you care...
I suppose it does. :smile:

Original post by Shish_bish
I knooowww 😂😂😂
I hope these A-Levels turn out well for everyone.

Original post by random_matt
I was always under the impression masters do not exist in the US, only PHD.
That is not true.

Thank You very much.

Original post by kayleighisonfire
Welcome! Where are you studying? :smile:
I am studying at an in State University where I did my Undergraduate work called Towson University.
Original post by Piper95
I am studying at an in State University where I did my Undergraduate work called Towson University.

Owwww, Piper, u such a sweetheart..
I thought that was probably ********, too bad Berkeley do not do a masters in Psychology, still may do the Post-Baccalaureate though.
Reply 10
Original post by Shish_bish
Owwww, Piper, u such a sweetheart..
Um thank you. Don't know where that came from, but thank you.

I thought that was probably ********, too bad Berkeley do not do a masters in Psychology, still may do the Post-Baccalaureate though.
Yeah, Masters Degrees are definitely offered.
Original post by Piper95
Um thank you. Don't know where that came from, but thank you.

Yeah, Masters Degrees are definitely offered.

I've spoken to Berkeley already, they only do PHD or the Post-Baccalaureate. I don't want to go anywhere else, so I may or may not end up going.
Reply 12
I've spoken to Berkeley already, they only do PHD or the Post-Baccalaureate. I don't want to go anywhere else, so I may or may not end up going.
Berkeley is certainly a top school and I wish you all the best.
Original post by Piper95
Berkeley is certainly a top school and I wish you all the best.

Thanks, won't be happening for two years though, gotta finish my undergraduate degree first.
Reply 14
Thanks, won't be happening for two years though, gotta finish my undergraduate degree first.
I just finished that this past May and my parents were like why don't you just keep going and get it all over with.
As a proud Ohioan, i extend my warmest greetings to you.
Original post by Piper95

Oh sorry, I thought you were studying over here!
Reply 17
Original post by Volkerbund1933
As a proud Ohioan, i extend my warmest greetings to you.
Why thank you.
Original post by Piper95
Why thank you.

Which state are you from if I may ask?
Reply 19
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Oh sorry, I thought you were studying over here!
I am studying in my country which is America.

Quick Reply

Latest