Isobel.4444
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently in my first year of a Biology degree and want to transfer to Law within my Uni. My A Level results were BBC (Chemistry, Biology, Maths) with an A in AS Psychology. Does anyone have any advice in how to structure the email to a Law admissions tutor? Thanks

Note: It autocorrected Law to Medicine, I want to transfer to LAW
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Isobel.4444)
I am currently in my first year of a Biology degree and want to transfer to Law within my Uni. My A Level results were BBC (Chemistry, Biology, Maths) with an A in AS Psychology. Does anyone have any advice in how to structure the email to a Law admissions tutor? Thanks

what are the entry requirements for law?
Isobel.4444
Rep:
?
AAA, but when I rang they said they would consider on a case by case basis. When I applied for Biology my offer was AAA-AAB and I still got in with BBC so I'm optimistic. Uni'd do accept lower than stated on their website in most cases. I would just like some advice on how to structure my email
Isobel.4444
Rep:
?
Has anyone internally transferred course at their uni? And have any advice ?
Isobel.4444
Rep:
?
Boost
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
AAA, but when I rang they said they would consider on a case by case basis. When I applied for Biology my offer was AAA-AAB and I still got in with BBC so I'm optimistic. Uni'd do accept lower than stated on their website in most cases. I would just like some advice on how to structure my email
just send an email explaining the situation that you'd like to be considered for law, list the reasons why and hopefully you will get what you want
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It will entirely depend on the individual uni. You may be able to transfer once you are there, but it's not a guarantee. It will at least in part depend on whether they have spaces (now or whether people drop out)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago

Look in the student handbook for internal transfers.

It depends on your uni as to whether you have the grades and they have spare places. You need to get your backside into gear as I cant see why this wasnt sorted weeks ago. Now you are facing places being taken in clearing or being full.

You are looking to pretty much make an application on the same basis as anyone else other than the fact you are already at the uni and they might be ready to listen.

Who you are, that you have successfully complete first year Biology, but have decided youd really like the opportunity to transfer and pursue a law degree.

I would then prepare a personal statement.
Why law why you want to study it, what motivates you, what you bring as a student etc.

You could even have a CV plus any relevant work experience.
Reference and willingness to attend interview.

It helps imo if you get to chat in person.
It helps if youve got some relevant work experience.
It helps if youve done well in exams.
It helps if you know about the course and why you want to study.

Internal transfers can be easy or they can be tedious and difficult.

It is up to you to predict the requirements and be ready. If you are underprepared you will just be rejected. take it seriously and follow their advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads