Probably history/geography
thomasnottingham
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bria.vp)
Probably history/geography
History is easy in my opinion, I did it last year so unless its drastically changed idk.
bria.vp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thomasnottingham)
History is easy in my opinion, I did it last year so unless its drastically changed idk.
Ohhh has it changed, teachers know **** all on how to actually answer the new questions
thomasnottingham
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bria.vp)
Ohhh has it changed, teachers know **** all on how to actually answer the new questions
I think it's this new grading system with the numbers. Last year for us it was just English and Maths that became harder but I guess they're doing it with all the GCSE's now then. :/ that sucks
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Spanish. Or any language. The effort needed to do well is too much for a GCSE paper aha x

Otherwise the humanities especially History as no teacher knows how to actually answer these questions

I would have said Computer science because no teacher knows how to actually teach it, but this years GCSE was pretty easy for it so...
bria.vp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thomasnottingham)
I think it's this new grading system with the numbers. Last year for us it was just English and Maths that became harder but I guess they're doing it with all the GCSE's now then. :/ that sucks
Well, majority of the history paper has been changed and AQA & Edexcel have done a lavish job at informing teachers on how to help the students. My history teacher was lost half the time, so was I. I’m just hoping in a weeks time I’ll at least see a 4.
Ultra Cheese
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by New Wonder)
Well this year the whole Spec has changed in history (now its considerably harder), there is no course work and the grading is changing too ... so yeah, I'd say it has changed a lot.
It’s only changing for people starting in September, people who’ve just got results had it same
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Without a doubt, history was the most gruelling subject of the lot for me.
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not 2018 but i think maths is the hardest or physics
rosewillow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Higher maths killed me tbh
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Technically not a gcse but OCR additional maths (fsmq) killed me, needed 56% for an A (top grade) which honestly says a lot about how hard the paper was
riannon2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure ... I would say Higher Edexcel Maths as it's my weakest academically (everyone's saying how easy this year's papers were but they honestly killed me off). Content- and essay-wise, it would have to be History or English Lit. I didn't find them hard per se but the amount of time needed to learn everything is huge
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any subject that's not maffs
username3444162
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me it is Geography because the tests were so long and unnecessarily repetitive.
Vib_A
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
IGCSE Maths (CIE) has become tough for whatever apparent reason. It's ridiculous.
aimscopes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bluemuffin)
Technically not a gcse but OCR additional maths (fsmq) killed me, needed 56% for an A (top grade) which honestly says a lot about how hard the paper was
Where did you find these grade boundaries?

Can you send me the link
Aliila
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Spanish - the listening and reading papers are horrible
fabragas27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edexcel Gender Studies was the hardest.
blank4567
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edexcel geography b- as the other guy said the tests were unnecessarily long and repetitive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.39%
I'm not sure (42)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.91%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.82%

Watched Threads