The Student Room Group

Clearing Medicine - confused + flustered

I made a previous thread about no offers with AAAA, and that I had an interview with SGUL.

Now looking at TSR, it seems that many unis were offering clearing spaces for medicine, though it wasn't on UCAS???

Does anything think or recommend any unis I should call up tomorrow? :frown:
Original post by HippoRhino3
I made a previous thread about no offers with AAAA, and that I had an interview with SGUL.

Now looking at TSR, it seems that many unis were offering clearing spaces for medicine, though it wasn't on UCAS???

I think Keele might have spaces....
Original post by She-Ra
I think Keele might have spaces....

not in the current vacancies list on Keele's website, might phone in case

feel so stupid :frown:

Spaces may have gone by now, I would check uni websites in the morning.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Spaces may have gone by now, I would check uni websites in the morning.

should i just phone them all (i.e those more likely to have spaces)
Reply 5

When there are only a few spaces, medical schools don't always put them up on Clearing lists.

@Beska What happened to the system where medical schools with vacancies sometimes contacted applicants holding no offers? Does that not happen any more?
(edited 5 years ago)
should i just phone them all (i.e those more likely to have spaces)

You have nothing to lose by doing so.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
You have nothing to lose by doing so.

if the uni doesnt have medicine under clearing vacancies, should i not phone them, or should i in case?
yeah i know, anyway worth a try
if the uni doesnt have medicine under clearing vacancies, should i not phone them, or should i in case?

Some unis will not advertise their vacancies so it may still be worth a call. But ones advertising vacancies or you have seen on here may be best to call first.

You should phone them. They may not advertise them if there are only a few available as they can be inundated with applicants.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
You should phone them. They may not advertise them if there are only a few available as they can be inundated with applicants.

should i phone the clearing hotline or medicine admissions?
should i phone the clearing hotline or medicine admissions?

Either will be fine. You'll get put through to the correct department.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
Either will be fine. You'll get put through to the correct department.

I'm just getting clearing hotline numbers from all the unis that dont explicitly state there are no spaces left - worth a shot in the dark anyhow. thanks for the help
I'm just getting clearing hotline numbers from all the unis that dont explicitly state there are no spaces left - worth a shot in the dark anyhow. thanks for the help

Absolutely. If you really want to get in then there is nothing to lose. Go for it.
Reply 15
Original post by Minerva
When there are only a few spaces, medical schools don't always put them up on Clearing lists.

@Beska What happened to the system where medical schools with vacancies sometimes contacted applicants holding no offers? Does that not happen any more?

Yup still happens. SGUL has been doing it in the run up for results day this year and inviting people for interview and giving them offers.
Original post by Beska
Yup still happens. SGUL has been doing it in the run up for results day this year and inviting people for interview and giving them offers.
:wavey:

Hi HippoRhin03,
I apologise for not seeing this thread sooner! Have you considered applying to one of our courses which participate in the medical schools' Pathways To Medicine at Swansea? These include:
Medical Biochemistry
Medical Genetics
Medical Pharmacology
Population health and Medical Sciences

By taking one of these courses you can be eligible for a guaranteed interview for graduate entry medicine here at Swansea!

If you would like to know more about these courses or the pathways to medicine, please feel free to message me or get in touch with the medical school clearing team on 0800 094 9071

All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest