B: science
B: maths
B: additional science
A*: religious studies
B: design and technology
B: french

so i went to college and did a levels and flopped first year with
bio: E chem: E politics: C english lit: D critical thinking : D

so i repeated and went to college but failed even worse because i had a mental break down, i got BE but still managed to go to uni and do nursing

but dropped out as i felt it was not good for me

i then age 20 -21 improved my GCSE grades (changed a lot of the original B's to A's)

then age 21-22 did as levels and flopped again
bio: E chem: U history: C eng lit: C

then age 22-23 did a levels and did not do my exams because someone in m family died

then age 23-24 did a levels and got my results today!!
i got bio: E history: D english: D
despite working so hard this year. even though i failed in the past i had extenuating circumstances e.g. bad college that has since been closed down, dysfunctonal home life, illness / death in family , mental health issues. this year things were not perfect but there were no distractions and i worked my best but still failed.

i feel cursed?how could i do decently at gcse and struggle all these years not getting into uni. even my brother who only has 1 gcse did btec and still got into uni. i am hoping to do access course in sept and then do a humanities or law degree. but why could i NOT pass a levels?
BR260799
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by louisa1000)
Ok.

I did GCSE
I got
A*A: health and social care
A*: english lit
B: english
B: science
B: maths
B: additional science
A*: religious studies
B: design and technology
B: french

so i went to college and did a levels and flopped first year with
bio: E chem: E politics: C english lit: D critical thinking : D

so i repeated and went to college but failed even worse because i had a mental break down, i got BE but still managed to go to uni and do nursing

but dropped out as i felt it was not good for me

i then age 20 -21 improved my GCSE grades (changed a lot of the original B's to A's)

then age 21-22 did as levels and flopped again
bio: E chem: U history: C eng lit: C

then age 22-23 did a levels and did not do my exams because someone in m family died

then age 23-24 did a levels and got my results today!!
i got bio: E history: D english: D
despite working so hard this year. even though i failed in the past i had extenuating circumstances e.g. bad college that has since been closed down, dysfunctonal home life, illness / death in family , mental health issues. this year things were not perfect but there were no distractions and i worked my best but still failed.

i feel cursed?how could i do decently at gcse and struggle all these years not getting into uni. even my brother who only has 1 gcse did btec and still got into uni. i am hoping to do access course in sept and then do a humanities or law degree. but why could i NOT pass a levels?
I think an access course will be best for you if i'm honest. And i've seen this happened to quite a few people, A Levels are just a different in a sense, as exam boards are very specific what they want to see compared to what you could get away with at GCSE. Just try to put it behind you and start fresh with the access course. My friend was in a similar position of not having great A Levels - did an access course in biology and went to do it at university. Then switched onto a law course a year later. I currently do a law degree and I can say that the access course is pretty popular where i'm from.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah access, but only if you think you can take the workload, it is a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads