This discussion is closed.
Francesco8801
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I decided to create this thread for students considering to apply to Bristol University for A100 Medicine - 2019 entry!
Here we can share our experiences, advice and anything you find relevant to this course!

Good luck to everyone!
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
deleted post
Last edited by Francesco8801; 2 years ago
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
deleted post
Last edited by Francesco8801; 2 years ago
Mash.123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m interested in applying in the gateway for medicine route and achieved CDE (chem, german, maths)...yes ik its bad but do I still have a chance? These are just AS grades btw.
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mash.123)
Hi, I’m interested in applying in the gateway for medicine route and achieved CDE (chem, german, maths)...yes ik its bad but do I still have a chance? These are just AS grades btw.
Hi! That's not bad!
I suggest looking at the entry requirements for gateway to medicine entry and maybe you can contact the university by email and ask them
I think (but I'm not sure) universities look at predicted grades so if you can maybe get predicted 3Cs i guess it would be fine
Mash.123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Francesco8801)
Hi! That's not bad!
I suggest looking at the entry requirements for gateway to medicine entry and maybe you can contact the university by email and ask them
I think (but I'm not sure) universities look at predicted grades so if you can maybe get predicted 3Cs i guess it would be fine
Thanks. I think I can probs be predicted ABB maybe, if not ABC.
Zarx662
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Bristol at the moment is my first choice however our school was one of the unlucky ones that took As exams. I did awful and got ABC which is totally uncharacteristic having recieved 10a* and 2a at gcse. My fourth subject didn't offer an As But My mock was an A which I am carrying on with next year. Do you think my poor As will badly impact my application if most other aspects are fairly strong ?
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarx662)
Hi Bristol at the moment is my first choice however our school was one of the unlucky ones that took As exams. I did awful and got ABC which is totally uncharacteristic having recieved 10a* and 2a at gcse. My fourth subject didn't offer an As But My mock was an A which I am carrying on with next year. Do you think my poor As will badly impact my application if most other aspects are fairly strong ?
Hi! My school took AS too
I suggest to take a look at the minimum entry requirements for the course. For medicine they are AAA so I'm not sure they will accept you with an ABC to be honest. However, because the other aspects of your application are strong, I would contact the university and ask them any queries you have!
Good luck!
Zarx662
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Francesco8801)
Hi! My school took AS too
I suggest to take a look at the minimum entry requirements for the course. For medicine they are AAA so I'm not sure they will accept you with an ABC to be honest. However, because the other aspects of your application are strong, I would contact the university and ask them any queries you have!
Good luck!
My predicted grades are AAA I just wonder about the weighting of As results compared to gcse results as most schools don't do them now Good luck to you too !!
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How much do Bristol look at UKCAT? I'm predicted AAA or A*AA and did AS (got AAAAA in it)

im just worried for my ukcat
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
My predicted grades are AAA I just wonder about the weighting of As results compared to gcse results as most schools don't do them now Good luck to you too !!
Universities usually do not look at AS, but at predicted grades instead. However, AS results are usually used to make predicted grades
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by RickHendricks)
How much do Bristol look at UKCAT? I'm predicted AAA or A*AA and did AS (got AAAAA in it)

For 2019 entry, Bristol relies heavily on the UKCAT.
The admissions process page states that at the first stage they pass candidates which have or exceed the minimum entry requirements for entry. Then candidates who pass to the next stage are ranked based on their UKCAT score and the top 15-20% are invited to an interview (MMI style)
Chibuchi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All you have to do is get predicted 3A's for A2 and have some useful work experience in tou PS as well as an A in math and C English GCSE. Then most importantly score quite high on UKCAT, preferably over 685 and sjt band 2 at least. With these according to the selection criteria you should be selected for an interview
RGaya3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They say they do not consider SJT on their admission guideleines
Mash.123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also can I apply to Bristol (5 year course) with chemistry, german and maths?
Zarx662
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chibuchi)
All you have to do is get predicted 3A's for A2 and have some useful work experience in tou PS as well as an A in math and C English GCSE. Then most importantly score quite high on UKCAT, preferably over 685 and sjt band 2 at least. With these according to the selection criteria you should be selected for an interview
Thankyou !! A* in Maths gcse and A in further ( B at As but dropping it ) As for English I Got a 9 and an 8. Hoping my ukcat is above 700 as that is what I'm averaging with medify but only time will tell
Mash.123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)

I think Bristol rely mostly on personal statement and not much on UKCAT
Chibuchi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also can I apply to Bristol (5 year course) with chemistry, german and maths?
Yeah definitely. I dont do biology as well, but I do maths and physics
Chibuchi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thankyou !! A* in Maths gcse and A in further ( B at As but dropping it ) As for English I Got a 9 and an 8. Hoping my ukcat is above 700 as that is what I'm averaging with medify but only time will tell
When is your exam ?
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
I think Bristol rely mostly on personal statement and not much on UKCAT
This was for the past years. For 2019 entry Bristol relies heavily on the UKCAT
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (69)
17.88%
No one else does (122)
31.61%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.62%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (131)
33.94%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.81%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.81%

Watched Threads