Daughter was on hold and been rejected this weekend. Ukcat 630 ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
Original post by Lilalou

693 on hold.....still!
Original post by Lilalou

I’m sorry, hopefully her other choices will go well
Reply 584
Received an offer for interview with 2790 UKCAT- check your bristo VIP as it didn't come through on UCAS or email
Reply 585
Received an invite to interview on Friday- only just seen it as it was put onto Bristol VIP with no email or UCAS update. UKCAT 2790 Band 2
Does anyone know when people who attended the November interview batch can expect a response?
Hi everyone, I got an interview for Bristol a couple weeks ago. i wanted to ask if anyone has any tips because my interview is 30th Jan, I know I've got some time but I am stressing lol. I am good with issues in medicine and have a list of things I want to include in common traditional questions. I guess I just wanted to ask how everyone else is preparing for they're interviews. Also sorry if someone has already responded to a question similar to mine and i didn't see it.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Biggest piece of advice is remember you need to be better than most of the applicants interviewed, not all of them.

A clearly structured, simple, easy to understand answer will beat a complex, convoluted, and waffled answer any day. So go for something you know is good enough and easy not to mess up.
(edited 5 years ago)
670 here
Is there anyone who didnt bring the work exp form with them, I got an email saying I'm welcome to send mine in at later date, however it's mandatory in order for them to complete their assessments and they cannot guarantee that it would still be considered alongside my application. So has this just massivley hindered my chance of getting an offer ?!?
Probably not, but they just need to have the w/exp forms so they can check your w/exp if they need to.
I have UKCAT 2570, still haven’t heard anything, do I stand any chance?
Original post by DTM2244
I have UKCAT 2570, still haven’t heard anything, do I stand any chance?

Good luck. I'm sure you will be in next batch. Let us know (also waiting).
Original post by sheeshmac

That’s 643, do you think they will even get to me? Cause that’s way below 675 and the dates are all used up aren’t they?
Original post by DTM2244
That’s 643, do you think they will even get to me? Cause that’s way below 675 and the dates are all used up aren’t they?

Daughter’s been rejected last weekend by Bristol with a UKCAT of 2520 after being put on hold . So destressful .... .
Good luck to you all. It looks like a big lottery to me !
Original post by sheeshmac

What’s you’re UKCAT?
Original post by Lilalou
Daughter’s been rejected last weekend by Bristol with a UKCAT of 2520 after being put on hold . So destressful .... .
Good luck to you all. It looks like a big lottery to me !

So sorry to hear that! That’s a bit worrying cause it’s not far off mine 😫 I’m sure she’ll get in somewhere though, really all you need is one offer, though two would be nice so you have a choice!
Original post by DTM2244
So sorry to hear that! That’s a bit worrying cause it’s not far off mine 😫 I’m sure she’ll get in somewhere though, really all you
need is one offer, though two would be nice so you have a choice!

Thanks for the support!
With 11 academic GCSEs : 1x9 - 3xA*- 5xA- 1xB (further maths) - 1x 5 ( bad day😉 )
Predicted A level : AAA* (chem-Bio-Eng Lit )
Ukcat : 2520 ( which is still top 46% of those taking Ukcat ) ......
Work experience in hospital, care center for people with disabilities, and care home .....

What do they want exactly if their entry requirements are not good enough to get an interview?.....so misleading.....
Too many kids with so much potential are put aside before they can show what they are made of !
Original post by Lilalou
Thanks for the support!
With 11 academic GCSEs : 1x9 - 3xA*- 5xA- 1xB (further maths) - 1x 5 ( bad day😉 )
Predicted A level : AAA* (chem-Bio-Eng Lit )
Ukcat : 2520 ( which is still top 46% of those taking Ukcat ) ......
Work experience in hospital, care center for people with disabilities, and care home .....

What do they want exactly if their entry requirements are not good enough to get an interview?.....so misleading.....
Too many kids with so much potential are put aside before they can show what they are made of !

This year bristol was only looking at peoples ukcat so they ranked everyone based on their ukcat and seeming as around 20,000ppl took the uckat they are only selecting around maybe 700(?) people :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending