zoedhin
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I basically applied to do pharmacy at kings and reading but got rejected i went through clearing and got into economics at kingston and economics and accounting at brunel...i really want to study economics but i cant get into any other uni except kingston or brunel. If i accelpt Kingston willl it be possible for me to apply to a different uni for my second year.. is that even possible and i can retake my Alevels while im doing my first year 2) I can accept brunels course which is economics and accounting however i dont think ill be able to transfer to a different uni as it involves accounting as well. 3) I can get into DMU or portsmouth which are both good for economics and just communte from london as i wont be able to live out. Please help!!!!!!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoedhin)
I basically applied to do pharmacy at kings and reading but got rejected i went through clearing and got into economics at kingston and economics and accounting at brunel...i really want to study economics but i cant get into any other uni except kingston or brunel. If i accelpt Kingston willl it be possible for me to apply to a different uni for my second year.. is that even possible and i can retake my Alevels while im doing my first year 2) I can accept brunels course which is economics and accounting however i dont think ill be able to transfer to a different uni as it involves accounting as well. 3) I can get into DMU or portsmouth which are both good for economics and just communte from london as i wont be able to live out. Please help!!!!!!
In theory, you can apply for 2nd year entry, but not all unis will do it - it will depend if they have vacancies. You can contact them directly when you are considering applying

Have you contacted DMU and Portsmouth? Which uni would you prefer?
zoedhin
(Original post by Interrobang)
In theory, you can apply for 2nd year entry, but not all unis will do it - it will depend if they have vacancies. You can contact them directly when you are considering applying

Have you contacted DMU and Portsmouth? Which uni would you prefer?

I've contacted DMU and portsmouth and both have made an offer - however its just way too far as i live in west london but i dont mind commuting only problem is i cant find a coach that leaves early in the morning. If i am able to transfer would i need to retake my a level exams as well as wait for my first year results for my application to be considered
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've contacted DMU and portsmouth and both have made an offer - however its just way too far as i live in west london but i dont mind commuting only problem is i cant find a coach that leaves early in the morning. If i am able to transfer would i need to retake my a level exams as well as wait for my first year results for my application to be considered
Why couldn't you stay in uni accommodation?

And you wouldn't have to take your A Levels again - generally the offer is based on grades in your first year. Not all unis will accept 2nd year transfers though
zoedhin
(Original post by Interrobang)
Why couldn't you stay in uni accommodation?

And you wouldn't have to take your A Levels again - generally the offer is based on grades in your first year. Not all unis will accept 2nd year transfers though
I'm a part time carer for my grandma, my dad has cancer so im the one that works .. living out is just impossible for me i would love to but i cant, like i said i dont mind commuting i just cant find a coach that leaves this early. So what ill do is ill call a few unis up tommorow and ask if they will accept transfers, if they do shall i apply in september (at the start of the first academic year).
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a part time carer for my grandma, my dad has cancer so im the one that works .. living out is just impossible for me i would love to but i cant, like i said i dont mind commuting i just cant find a coach that leaves this early. So what ill do is ill call a few unis up tommorow and ask if they will accept transfers, if they do shall i apply in september (at the start of the first academic year).
I'm sorry to hear that Have you considered the OU? They may not be in a position to say one way or another for this time next year, but it can't hurt to ask

National Express have buses leaving London Victoria to Portsmouth at 1am and 4am on Monday (random date). To Leicester it's 7am. Remember that you won't be needed early morning every day, and if you explain your situation to the lecturers, they may be able to ensure that they put you in good tutorials/seminars where there is an option
Skyewoods
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trust me the journey is not reasonable. I can say from experience that you get exhausted and it's not worth the commute. Try going to a closer university to study or consider joint degrees in economics.
zoedhin
I also got an offer from essex - do you think the commute from london to essex is possible?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also got an offer from essex - do you think the commute from london to essex is possible?
Depends on where in Essex, but that's potentially closer and quicker than either of those. Best to check on National Rail
zoedhin
Sorry to keep asking questions there was one more i wanted to ask basically if i study economics and accounting at Brunel university (they have good employment rates afterwards) theres someone i know who is going to be studying accounting - a few of our moduless are the same does that mean we will have the same lectures (i really dont want him to know i am studying economics and accounting)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads