The Student Room Group

I did 7 grades better than I predicted in one A level subject & met my firm offer AMA

I got AAB, I got an A in a subject I thought I got a U in!! 😱 was expecting highest D, maybe E or worst a U but I achieved the complete opposite and got an A wtfff
Original post by kiki213
I got AAB, I got an A in a subject I thought I got a U in!! 😱 was expecting highest D, maybe E or worst a U but I achieved the complete opposite and got an A wtfff

Congratulations!!! It's amazing when that happens :p: You're going to do law aren't you? I've noticed you in the law forums a few times :biggrin: What was the subject by the way?
Reply 2
Original post by BR260799
Congratulations!!! It's amazing when that happens :p: You're going to do law aren't you? I've noticed you in the law forums a few times :biggrin: What was the subject by the way?

Thank you!💞 yes I’m going to study Law at my firm uni, the subject is Business!
Original post by kiki213
Thank you!💞 yes I’m going to study Law at my firm uni, the subject is Business!

Yeah business is quite a weird one :biggrin:. This happened to quite a few people I knew last year, 1 person went from a D to an A* and congrats on getting into your firm :tongue:
You gloating? Or are you genuinely surprised?
Reply 5
Yeah business is quite a weird one :biggrin:. This happened to quite a few people I knew last year, 1 person went from a D to an A* and congrats on getting into your firm :tongue:

It is! I don’t get how it’s considered a soft subject by universities when it’s hard imo, I worked so hard for that A and I constantly got C’s and D’s in my mocks! I want to find out my marks so I can find out how far off an A* I was. I could’ve got an A* if I worked harder but I can save resits for after uni 😂 I’m more than happy with my grades anyway! I worked so d@mn hard and I deserve it and knowing that my parents and teachers are proud of me is the best feeling in the world ❤️
130633FF-419F-400C-8546-723AC2849B23.gif
Original post by kiki213
It is! I don’t get how it’s considered a soft subject by universities when it’s hard imo, I worked so hard for that A and I constantly got C’s and D’s in my mocks! I want to find out my marks so I can find out how far off an A* I was. I could’ve got an A* if I worked harder but I can save resits for after uni 😂 I’m more than happy with my grades anyway! I worked so d@mn hard and I deserve it and knowing that my parents and teachers are proud of me is the best feeling in the world ❤️
130633FF-419F-400C-8546-723AC2849B23.gif

AAB are great grades and pretty much all you need for a good career in law - assuming you get a 2:1 at Uni. Your grades are exactly the requirements for training contracts if you go down that route :tongue:. Results day feels even better a university, especially after being £16,000ish in debt :biggrin:

I only scraped my A in business last year, despite getting nearly full marks on my mocks :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by random_matt
You gloating? Or are you genuinely surprised?

I’m more than surprised. I’d never brag or float to anyone. I’m not arrogant nor am I selfish. I can’t stand when A*/A students boast about their grades and how they’re going to Oxford and how any uni that isn’t Oxford or that non-RG group uni is bad. Believe me, @Professional G, @ShantelleLuis, @TheJammyFox and @Missradioactive will tell you I am FAR from that. I believe everyone works hard for where they want to get in life and if we achieve less than that we can always get up and try again. Whether that’s resitting, apprenticeship, gap year, Access course etc. We all have chances to do well in life and we only get one life. Just be yourself, focus on yourself, care about yourself and don’t let anyone stop you from being your best self. Spend your time wisely.
Reply 8
AAB are great grades and pretty much all you need for a good career in law - assuming you get a 2:1 at Uni. Your grades are exactly the requirements for training contracts if you go down that route :tongue:. Results day feels even better a university, especially after being £16,000ish in debt :biggrin:

Thank you babes 💖 haha true!!😂 looking forward to that!
AEB2EF83-E4D2-448D-A947-691490FDB31C.gif
Reply 9
So glad I got AAB as I was arguing with another user about how AAB is the minimum requirement to be a successful lawyer, I argued that this isn’t necessarily the case. The user claimed that if you get ABB or ABC or less you’re “not capable” of becoming a lawyer 🤔 I believe if you work hard and just happened to make mistakes in your exams or had a bad day or any extenuating circumstances that significantly affects you during your exams/revision then it’s out of your control and there’s nothing you can do about it. I was worried I’d get BBC, CCC, BCD or even CDU but luckily it turns out I didn’t need to be worried at all! I did well and I’m so proud of myself and I’m proud of everyone who got their results even if they’re not happy! You all worked so hard, be proud of yourself! You survived A levels! 2 years! 😱 go celebrate!🎉🎉

Good Luck to everyone and I wish you the best in the future 💖

Quick Reply

Latest