cherlyne
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got my AS grades and my predicted grades - aaa. Should I even try applying to unis requireing A*AA? ie: Bristol, Cambridge, UCL etc for law.
JSM1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cherlyne)
I got my AS grades and my predicted grades - aaa. Should I even try applying to unis requireing A*AA? ie: Bristol, Cambridge, UCL etc for law.
Go for it.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. The best thing to do is look at the courses you want to apply for online, look at the grade and subject requirements and make a plan from there. Your predicted grades are fantastic.
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I got the same predicted grades as you and i'm applying to *AAA law courses. If you look at Bristol's law admissions statement predicted grades are 40%, lnat is 40% and gcses are 20% so predicted grades are quite important - perhaps you could convince your subject teachers to change one predicted grade to an *A after summer (that's what I plan to do).

Source: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...8/law/llb-law/
H.a.hx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have nothing to lose. Go for it. By the look of you're AS grades if you work hard you CAN achieve A*AA. Best of luck!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to the Law forum
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oxford is AAA, so might be better to apply there than Cambridge.

Try to get your predictions to A*AA if you can; have a couple words with your teachers.

Bristol has contextual offers of AAB which you might qualify for. Nottingham is top of the line too, and only AAA.

Even if you can't get A*AA predictions, you should have an aspirational. They might just give you an A*AA offer and see if you meet it. Just don't have a few aspirationals.
Brumtown1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Assembly)
Hey! I got the same predicted grades as you and i'm applying to *AAA law courses. If you look at Bristol's law admissions statement predicted grades are 40%, lnat is 40% and gcses are 20% so predicted grades are quite important - perhaps you could convince your subject teachers to change one predicted grade to an *A after summer (that's what I plan to do).

Source: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...8/law/llb-law/
What I plan to do too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (688)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (865)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads