Morganlou123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Finding it extremely hard to find accommodation and connect with people who are looking for and offering in Bristol, had it as my insurance choice and there is a waiting list of 100’s for the halls , have no idea where to look and private halls are way too expensive ,I’ve joined a page or two on Facebook but not getting very much response , anyone that can help? I need to be near ish to Glenside Campus but at this point I’m not fussy.
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Morganlou123)
Finding it extremely hard to find accommodation and connect with people who are looking for and offering in Bristol, had it as my insurance choice and there is a waiting list of 100’s for the halls , have no idea where to look and private halls are way too expensive ,I’ve joined a page or two on Facebook but not getting very much response , anyone that can help? I need to be near ish to Glenside Campus but at this point I’m not fussy.
Moved to the University of the West of England forum.

Tagging Jack22031994, a UWE graduate, in case he can help.
UWE Bristol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Morganlou123,

It's so great to hear that you will be joining us here at UWE Bristol, we can't wait to meet you!

There are so many options when it comes to great locations to live in Bristol. There are really good transport links across Bristol, especially between UWE campuses and the city centre, so if you are a few miles away from Glenside then the commute will still be easy. I have listed some places that you can look to find private accommodation at various expense below, in case you haven't explored these already:

If you'd like more detail or support, then we have some tips on our website, and feel free to either get in touch with our accommodation services or the Advice Centre at the Students' Union.

Hope that helps,

Lois
lauraelizaemms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hey! I also have the same problem! I was a late applicant and I'm also struggling to find accommodation. I'm studying Physiotherapy so I'm looking for somewhere near Glenside also. I really don't wanna go for private accomodation in city centre because its so expensive I'm thinking of looking for a house/flat share near Glenside around the Fishponds area?
Jasminyve
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have the exact same problem except my course in at the Frenchay Campus for law, the private accommodation is way to expensive and I can't find anywhere suitable.
tomowebbo99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whose staying at carrol court??
doggystaf99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who's staying at nelson and drake house????
katherine445
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you doing? I'm in a similar situation!
katherine445
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jasminyve)
I have the exact same problem except my course in at the Frenchay Campus for law, the private accommodation is way to expensive and I can't find anywhere suitable.
What are you going to do? I'm in the same situation!
Mosa99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by katherine445)
What are you doing? I'm in a similar situation!
if I may ask, did you apply for accommodation in the second round? and did they send you any emails regarding accommodation offers?
I applied for accommodation in the second round( it was my insurance) and I received an email saying that all available rooms are shared and I should look for accommodation in private halls if i don't wish to share a room.
katherine445
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mosa99)
if I may ask, did you apply for accommodation in the second round? and did they send you any emails regarding accommodation offers?
I applied for accommodation in the second round( it was my insurance) and I received an email saying that all available rooms are shared and I should look for accommodation in private halls if i don't wish to share a room.
I applied to UWE through clearing and applied to accommodation in the last week of August. I've just had a look on unite students but literally, all of the places are gone. I've called up the accommodation service and they've said they have over 200 people on the waiting list. I have no idea what to do.
UWE Bristol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by katherine445)
I applied to UWE through clearing and applied to accommodation in the last week of August. I've just had a look on unite students but literally, all of the places are gone. I've called up the accommodation service and they've said they have over 200 people on the waiting list. I have no idea what to do.
Hi Katherine,

It's great to hear that you'll be coming to study with us here at UWE Bristol!

Unfortunately we were unable to guarantee accommodation for Clearing applicants this year, but you've done the right thing by applying in case anything becomes available.

There are many private accommodation options when coming to study in Bristol. You might find something if you get in touch with some of the companies below:

Almero Student Mansions
Collegiate AC
CRM
Fusion Students
IQ Student Accommodation
The Students' Union at UWE Lettings
VITA Student Accommodation

If not, some students choose to go down the estate agent route to find a shared house or flat with other students in a similar situation to you. This offers you a lot of flexibility and choice as you will be able to find somewhere that perfectly suits your needs.

Alternatively, The Students' Union run a UWE Find a Flatmate Facebook group for students looking for a spare room, which would guarantee you living with other UWE Bristol students.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to get in touch again with our accommodation team (email: [email protected], telephone: +44 (0)117 32 83333), or the Students' Union Advice Centre (email: [email protected], phone: 0117 32 82676).

I hope that helps Katherine, and we're really looking forward to welcoming you.

Best wishes,
Lois
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (259)
44.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed