yoitsmeeee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got into both for pharmacy but I have no clue where to go! Both are very different.
I am so confused!! Please help!!
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yoitsmeeee)
I got into both for pharmacy but I have no clue where to go! Both are very different.
I
Have you visited either?

I’m afraid I don’t know much about Reading but I lived in Birmingham for six years and went to Aston for my masters so if you’re interested to know more about the city I can help you there.
yoitsmeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by She-Ra)
Have you visited either?

I’m afraid I don’t know much about Reading but I lived in Birmingham for six years and went to Aston for my masters so if you’re interested to know more about the city I can help you there.
i have visited reading and not Birmingham. Is there alot of crime in Birmingham? and does Aston come across as a 'party' uni with nobody having actual prospects?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have visited reading and not Birmingham. Is there alot of crime in Birmingham? and does Aston come across as a 'party' uni with nobody having actual prospects?
Hi,

Let me know if you have any questions but to pick up on the points you raised:

Crime - Speaking from my own experience, I've lived here my entire life and haven't even had to speak to a police officer. It's inevitable that crime will happen in any big city, but the likelihood of you being a victim is generally low regardless of where you choose to study.

"Party University" - We are actually ranked 2nd in the UK for boosting graduate prospects and have had a long history of great graduate employment through our placement year programme.

Anything else just give me a nudge.

Josh
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I lived in Birmingham for six years, moved in all different areas of the city. I always felt very safe and never saw any crime. I still love visiting it.

I think Aston is held in high regard, I'm proud my masters is from there, the business school was amazing and I learned an incredible amount. The campus has been heavily invested in and it's a really nice community.
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!
Its great to hear the University of Reading is one of your options

Choosing which university to go to can be a really tricky decision.
To help you choose which university compare some of the main aspects of each.

What are the modules like for the pharmacy course at both universities? The courses are likely to be very similar but the modules for the course at Reading can be found here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...-pharmacy.aspx

What is the accommodation like? We have a range of accommodations at Reading to suit a variety of needs and budgets. You can find out more about the accommodation at Reading here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...mmodation.aspx

Think about the facilities at each university- the facilities here at UOR are great. The campus has everything you'll need including a shop, hairdressers, bank, library, gym as well as excellent student support services. Look into the facilities at Aston University too to help inform your decision.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask anymore questions!

Abbie
Primary Ed student and Student Ambassador
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm glad to see that you are considering Reading - this time of year can be very stressful and it's definitely worth making an informed choice. You said that you have visited Reading before so I hope you enjoyed the campus feel of the university. I loved studying there and now, as a graduate, look back at the opportunities I was given and memories that I have with a real fondness.

In terms of the Pharmacy course, many of the courses you see will be very similar, due to the nature of what you have to learn to become qualified. However, Reading do offer some extra courses such as a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, which you can complete at the same time as your MPharm, in order to give you vital business skills that you may need in your future career. There is also the option to carry out your final year project at our university campus in Malaysia, something which is an incredible opportunity!

If you want to know anything else about Reading, do let me know!

Ben
Mudkipzz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pharmacy at Aston is a very rigorous course and has been ranked in the top 10 for many years and everyone I've seen on that course is really enjoying it and their prospects are looking amazing. Aston is what you make of it, if you want to party you can, although doing pharmacy doesn't make it easy as you have a lot of early 9ams (my flatmate in first year did pharmacy and got a first whilst partying 2-3 times a week).

Reading is good too but I don't think it's at the same level. Reading is a nice place to go out but not as much fun as Birmingham. In terms of crime, Reading wins but I've never had problems in either.

Source: I lived in Reading my whole life and study at Aston
yoitsmeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mudkipzz)
Pharmacy at Aston is a very rigorous course and has been ranked in the top 10 for many years and everyone I've seen on that course is really enjoying it and their prospects are looking amazing. Aston is what you make of it, if you want to party you can, although doing pharmacy doesn't make it easy as you have a lot of early 9ams (my flatmate in first year did pharmacy and got a first whilst partying 2-3 times a week).

Reading is good too but I don't think it's at the same level. Reading is a nice place to go out but not as much fun as Birmingham. In terms of crime, Reading wins but I've never had problems in either.

Source: I lived in Reading my whole life and study at Aston
Thank you so much!! This really helped me as you have experiences in both!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Aston University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.64%
They might tell the bully (30)
9.97%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
14.62%
It might lead to more bullying (113)
37.54%
There's nothing they could do (94)
31.23%

Watched Threads