TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I have recently been looking for colleges as I am in year 11 now and I fount out about a college http://www.dsfc.ac.uk/ . The thing about this college its about engineering. I was wondering if there was a college for being a pilot to get a levels to become a raf pilot.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheLostHDPenguin)
Hello I have recently been looking for colleges as I am in year 11 now and I fount out about a college http://www.dsfc.ac.uk/ . The thing about this college its about engineering. I was wondering if there was a college for being a pilot to get a levels to become a raf pilot.
No there isn't, there are no particular A levels required for being a pilot.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The RAF have an account on TSR and will reply soon
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

The entry requirements for RAF Pilot are - GCSEs at Grade C/4 in English and Maths and at least three other subjects. Have at least 2 A-Levels at Grade C or above (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) which must total a minimum of 64 UCAS points.

There are no specific colleges/sixth forms that can benefit you when looking to become an RAF Pilot. What you may find helpful is to have some flying experience on your application, if you haven't done so already I would recommend searching you area for flying clubs you can be a part of.

You may have already seen this page on the RAF website but there is some great information on becoming a pilot - https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...aircrew/pilot/

Engineering is a great subject, along with Physics and Maths at A-level for this career, but you will see from the degrees you can do to train to become a pilot they rarely ask for specific subjects just certain grades and the RAF is the same so try to think of subjects you will enjoy and do well in.

I hope this helps - Sophie.
TheLostHDPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

The entry requirements for RAF Pilot are - GCSEs at Grade C/4 in English and Maths and at least three other subjects. Have at least 2 A-Levels at Grade C or above (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) which must total a minimum of 64 UCAS points.

There are no specific colleges/sixth forms that can benefit you when looking to become an RAF Pilot. What you may find helpful is to have some flying experience on your application, if you haven't done so already I would recommend searching you area for flying clubs you can be a part of.

You may have already seen this page on the RAF website but there is some great information on becoming a pilot - https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...aircrew/pilot/

Engineering is a great subject, along with Physics and Maths at A-level for this career, but you will see from the degrees you can do to train to become a pilot they rarely ask for specific subjects just certain grades and the RAF is the same so try to think of subjects you will enjoy and do well in.

I hope this helps - Sophie.
Thank you so much this is appreciated.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much this is appreciated.
You're very welcome and best of luck with everything.

If you can think of anything else you would like to ask please don't hesitate to drop us a PM or you can call us on 0800 100 900.

Thanks - Sophie.
TheLostHDPenguin
Rep:
?
ok i most likely will at some point

(Original post by National Careers Service)
You're very welcome and best of luck with everything.

If you can think of anything else you would like to ask please don't hesitate to drop us a PM or you can call us on 0800 100 900.

Thanks - Sophie.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
RAF_Adam RAF_Susy RAF_Mark please can you advise?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And join cadets while you can.

Plan on university. You don't need it, but it will stand you in better stead and give you more chance to pass through selection.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

As you've already seen, Welbeck Sixth Form College only has entry for Engineer and Logistics Officers for RAF Entry.

However, for the role of Pilot you only need to meet the entry and eligibility criteria listed on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website, it's how you do at Officer and Aircrew Selection that will determine whether you get to be a pilot in the RAF.

As has been advised already, leadership and teamwork experience will be useful, you're applying to be an Officer, so you'll be expected to show maturity and the ability to be a leader etc.

You don't need to have joined the Air Cadets to be able to apply for a role in the RAF, although those who have been in will have some experience of how the RAF functions etc and will get other opportunities for leadership and teamwork exercises.

Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.82%
Disagree (5)
4.9%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.37%
Agree (40)
39.22%
Strongly Agree (16)
15.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise