The Student Room Group

I really dont understand my results slip and these ums markings

can someone please explain it to me
Original post by Christianah_x
can someone please explain it to me

Without seeing it, no.

What in particular are you finding difficult to interpret? For example, is there an overall grade at the top and then individual grades under them?
For example with biology and chemistry, there's no detail whatsoever in where my marks came from. There's just an overall grade and raw marks
For example with biology and chemistry, there's no detail whatsoever in where my marks came from. There's just an overall grade and raw marks

How many exams/units did you sit for them? And which board?
in a similar situation here. my results slip only shows my overall grade for biology (WJEC), no breakdown of ums or raw marks for each paper. I emailed my teachers but they weren't able to check for me. :s-smilie:

You want a breakdown of your marks within the paper? That's not available unless you order a copy of the paper
Original post by Mystelle
in a similar situation here. my results slip only shows my overall grade for biology (WJEC), no breakdown of ums or raw marks for each paper. I emailed my teachers but they weren't able to check for me. :s-smilie:

You need to contact your exams officer if you want breakdowns :yep: They will have access to your raw marks even if normal teachers don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
You want a breakdown of your marks within the paper? That's not available unless you order a copy of the paper

You need to contact your exams officer if you want breakdowns :yep: They will have access to your raw marks even if normal teachers don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't know my exam officer's email... I'll try to find out. thank you!
Original post by Mystelle
don't know my exam officer's email... I'll try to find out. thank you!

You could potentially email a teacher and ask them to forward it? Or just ask them for the email address?
You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Linear A levels (which includes Biology and Chemistry) don't have UMS and (except for sdme Edexcel results) don't show any marks scored on the results sheet. If you have a points column with a number in it then that will be DFE points for the A level grade and irrelevant to you.

You need to ask your teachers/exams officer for the breakdown of the marks you scored.
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
How many exams/units did you sit for them? And which board?

For Chemistry: OCR B SALTERS I have my overall grades and my "points". There is no detail regarding how I did on the three exams I took to get my overall grade so I can't follow where these overall points are coming from. It is the same for Biology. Maths is the only subject which I was able to see my score for each paper.

Regardless of this, I've decided to leave it. I need to move on but thank you for your concern.
Original post by Compost
Linear A levels (which includes Biology and Chemistry) don't have UMS and (except for sdme Edexcel results) don't show any marks scored on the results sheet. If you have a points column with a number in it then that will be DFE points for the A level grade and irrelevant to you.

You need to ask your teachers/exams officer for the breakdown of the marks you scored.

I see. Thank for your help

Quick Reply

Latest