Ganda1f
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

Got my results yesterday to study history at Durham but I missed the offer by one grade and still got the offer regardless. I've had the email now saying that my college may be re-allocated due to this and was just wondering if anyone could give some more insight into how this works. I was originally allocated St Aidan's but to be honest I'm not really fussed where I end up. Thanks!
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ganda1f)
Hey guys,

Got my results yesterday to study history at Durham but I missed the offer by one grade and still got the offer regardless. I've had the email now saying that my college may be re-allocated due to this and was just wondering if anyone could give some more insight into how this works. I was originally allocated St Aidan's but to be honest I'm not really fussed where I end up. Thanks!
You get given what's available.
Ganda1f
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
You get given what's available.
I had a feeling it would be that simple haha
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had a feeling it would be that simple haha
You don't have to live there.
kathybeckett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m in the same position, as my college was originally self catered will they try and keep me in self catered or just move me wherever?
ChemistryGuy1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't have to live there.
If you're a first year then it's highly recommended to live in University accommodation. (colleges)
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
If you're a first year then it's highly recommended to live in University accommodation. (colleges)
I personally do not give **** about people's recommendations.
ChemistryGuy1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally do not give **** about people's recommendations.
Okay did you live out in your first year?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
Okay did you live out in your first year?
Went private and move down in five weeks, I'm a transfer student and will be doing 2nd year. Technically is my first year though, was offered cuths and decided against it.
anna_00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys,

I'm in the exact same position as you! Missed my grade for history by a few marks but they still let me in, I was allocated at Josephine Butler but I'm not too fussed where I end up now. Let us know if you hear anything back - maybe see you in a month or so!
Ganda1f
Rep:
?
Hey, I literally just heard back and I was given St Aidan’s again anyway so it’s all good Feeling excited about it all?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (143)
24.49%
Pop (142)