The Student Room Group

I started my own business and am a medical student - AMA

As in the title ... I am 23 btw :smile:

Scroll to see replies

that's awesome, what type of business do you run? i want to get into med school but i'm broke so i'm all ears lol
Reply 2
What's the business about?
That's so awesome :gasp:
Original post by I'm God
What's the business about?

it's a wholefoods company essentially. I have been doing it for the last 4 years. I would share the website or instagram but I am not sure TSR rules allow it !!
Original post by CoolCavy
That's so awesome :gasp:

haha thanks!
Why do drug errors occur?
Original post by AppleB
Why do drug errors occur?

same reason people ask silly questions - people aren't perfect
Original post by DrXavier

Whats your projection this year?
Reply 9

congrats now what
Original post by PetrolHead26
Whats your projection this year?

turnover or profit?

either way not sure I feel comfortable saying ... as a rough guide though ... average weekly turnover is in the 3-5K mark
How did you manage your time ?? and how did you get into business whilst studying medicine and why whole foods??
turnover or profit?

either way not sure I feel comfortable saying

Profit. That's fair enough, but truss me I won't hunt you down 😂. Do you think the market is too saturated for your sector now?
I work hard and throughout my summers, e.g. some years I have covered some material for the next academic year during the summer holidays to help me get through things and not pile up pressure on myself during the academic year.

Wholefoods is a long story, but I suppose it makes sense trying to make healthy things taste great and being a doctor are two sides of the same coin in a sense - an interest in public health
(edited 5 years ago)
Profit. That's fair enough, but truss me I won't hunt you down 😂. Do you think the market is too saturated for your sector now?

well it is a tough market but I think we do things that makes us differntiable for example we roast nuts in a way which is different to other companies and tastes great imo. Also we do bespoke and constantly developing our flavouring e.g. recently developed a mango & chilli cashew.

Also I try to do an ecofriendly packaging range and work with companies that want only recyclable materials to make sure their needs can be met.

I guess being a small company you have that luxury of being more personable
well it is a tough market but I think we do things that makes us differntiable for example we roast nuts in a way which is different to other companies and tastes great imo. Also we do bespoke and constantly developing our flavouring e.g. recently developed a mango & chilli cashew.

Also I try to do an ecofriendly packaging range and work with companies that want only recyclable materials to make sure their needs can be met.

I guess being a small company you have that luxury of being more personable

That's good to hear. Did you have money going into the business, or did u take on investments/loans?

How did you first get involved with starting your own business?
same reason people ask silly questions - people aren't perfect

Sorry. I seem to have hit a nerve.
That's good to hear. Did you have money going into the business, or did u take on investments/loans?

my first experience of real money tbh was ... in my first year of uni when I received a Uni bursary haha I didn't really know what to do with it once my rent was paid, I am too minimalist to buy loads of clothes and things, And too boring to travel alone ... so eventually after a year at Uni working during holidays I just thought I would try something with my younger brother
How much profit you making a year.

Quick Reply