The Student Room Group

Unsure which uni to attend

I have an offer from Surrey for Business Management and an offer from Sussex for Economics, both BSC.

Which one is regarded as being the better option or would you recommend?

I live in London, and would most likely be commuting to Surrey (1hr 30 mins) whereas I may move out for Sussex and commute later on (depending on how first year goes)
Original post by x1x1x1
I have an offer from Surrey for Business Management and an offer from Sussex for Economics, both BSC.

Which one is regarded as being the better option or would you recommend?

I live in London, and would most likely be commuting to Surrey (1hr 30 mins) whereas I may move out for Sussex and commute later on (depending on how first year goes)

Personally, I think a 90 minute commute is a bad idea. You will end up hating this.

Surrey maybe has a marginally better reputation but I would consider the unis roughly on par. I think you should choose which even course you prefer.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Personally, I think a 90 minute commute is a bad idea. You will end up hating this.

Surrey maybe has a marginally better reputation but I would consider the unis roughly on par. I think you should choose which even course you prefer.

I like business more than economics although I am not too bad at economics myself, but I have heard if I were to apply for jobs, an economics degree would be more beneficial which is why I am finding it so hard to decide. Also, the monetary factor of moving away (Sussex) vs staying at home (Surrey) also plays a part.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi @x1x1x1

Be sure to pick a course you like (after all you will be studying it for the next three years). It is important to take into account factors such as commuting to Surrey compared to living costs if you move away to Sussex. You have a lot to think about.

If you have any questions then feel free to get in touch or PM me.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest