The Student Room Group

Pharamacy work experience

Hi there I am a year 13 student looking for work experience in a pharmcy or chemist just so I can see whether or not I would enjoy it and so I can write in on my personal statement.

does anyone know any place that gives pharmcy work experiment to college students and will companies like boots and Superdrug decline to help?

thank you
Original post by soh28
Hi there I am a year 13 student looking for work experience in a pharamcy or chemist just so I can see whether or not I would enjoy it and so I can write in on my personal statement.

does anyone know any place that gives pharamcy work experiment to college students and will companies like boots and Superdrug decline to help?

thank you

Many places only accept over 18s who are pharmacy students so that you have a dbs check but try an independent pharmacy that isn't part of a big company.
Reply 2
You can start work experience via school at around 15 yes old, so maybe look to this in future.
I started in a well known chemist ( boots ) when I left school at 16 - not allowed to handle drugs etc until 17+ and still working there
Good luck in future

Quick Reply

Latest