Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I'm going on holiday to Cornwall for two weeks with my mum, step-dad, brother, sister and half sister. Unfortunately I don't get along with my step-dad, I would go as far as to say that we repel each other. He makes offensive comments about my real dad and I just cannot deal with the way he thinks he's better than everyone else. Honestly, words cannot describe how I feel about him. In a nutshell, I can't deal with him and we're going on holiday.
Thing is, to add salt to the wound, it's an adventure-based holiday in a tent and I am not the most outdoorsy person. We are also biking everywhere which he is proficient at and I hate. I'm certain that if I was doing the same holiday but without him, I would enjoy it...but he's going.
My dad says its up to me whether I go or not and I can stay with him.
Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you deal with it? How do you suggest I deal with it? Do I go or do I stay and do stuff with my friends?
I also have a sh*t load of homework to do before I go back to school and its a "no internet" vacay lol.
Thanks
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're not going to enjoy it, then don't go-it's not worth your time then. You could spend some more time with your dad.
If you want to go, but it's your stepfather stopping your from enjoying yourself could you not ask your mum to say something? Even if its to just be civil for the holiday and to not mention your dad?
bria.vp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As someone with the worst relationship with my step-family on my dads side and my dad, just don’t go. It doesn’t matter if youre staying with your dad because you’re still gonna be inbetween the stupid, unnecessary drama. Plus, if you have homework, it’ll be much less stressful doing homework rather than going on the trip.

Mind if I ask does the rest of your family have a good relationship with the step family since you guys are going on a trip together?
Krishna1601
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I'm going on holiday to Cornwall for two weeks with my mum, step-dad, brother, sister and half sister. Unfortunately I don't get along with my step-dad, I would go as far as to say that we repel each other. He makes offensive comments about my real dad and I just cannot deal with the way he thinks he's better than everyone else. Honestly, words cannot describe how I feel about him. In a nutshell, I can't deal with him and we're going on holiday.
Thing is, to add salt to the wound, it's an adventure-based holiday in a tent and I am not the most outdoorsy person. We are also biking everywhere which he is proficient at and I hate. I'm certain that if I was doing the same holiday but without him, I would enjoy it...but he's going.
My dad says its up to me whether I go or not and I can stay with him.
Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you deal with it? How do you suggest I deal with it? Do I go or do I stay and do stuff with my friends?
I also have a sh*t load of homework to do before I go back to school and its a "no internet" vacay lol.
Thanks
i would stay at home because the whole experience wouldnt be very enjoyable for you and plus staying would mean that you could spend time with your dad, spend time with your friends and there's also internet
username4171924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stay with your with your dad it’s not worth staying with your mums new husband if he annoys you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads