Anglia Ruskin

Is Angli Ruskin a good uni overall?
What do you think when I say it?
What uni is it equivalent to?
Original post by esmeralda123
Is Angli Ruskin a good uni overall?
What do you think when I say it?
What uni is it equivalent to?

Which campus and course? ARU has, like most uni's, variation between faculties and departments.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
As above, it varies considerably. They're pretty well regarded for their art/design courses on the Cambridge campus. Beyond that I'm not as familiar with them, but they do offer a number of allied health professions courses which are otherwise pretty uncommon, and the professions relating to those courses tend not to care about where you went to uni.

You can probably get a rough idea from league tables etc, but bear in mind different rankings have different methodologies which may or may not favour them. Additionally, league tables tend not be useful for anything but the broadest strokes, so quibbling over "ARU is 2 steps above/below uni x" doesn't really mean anything - although if it's 20 above/below uni x/y, that might give some more indication.

However, as above, "prestige" and rankings aren't relevant for all careers related to all courses. It would probably be more informative to, rather than spend time poring over league tables, look at the specific stats for the course(s) of interest on unistats, and compare those with other unis. For example, seeing how many get a 1st/2:1, how many finish the course at all, how many are in employment within 6 months and importantly, what sectors they are employed in (are they the sectors you would expect/hope to work in after doing that course?) etc.
Hi all,
I am a current student on the ARU Cambridge campus studying business and I honestly love the university, it has such a community feel to it and everyone there is so friendly. I would definitely recommend visiting the university and meeting some of the lecturers and students for the course you are interested in. Please let me know if you have anymore questions about being an ARU student :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ARUStudents
Hi all,
I am a current student on the ARU Cambridge campus studying business and I honestly love the university, it has such a community feel to it and everyone there is so friendly. I would definitely recommend visiting the university and meeting some of the lecturers and students for the course you are interested in. Please let me know if you have anymore questions about being an ARU student :smile:

Is the student loan payed with interest?
Original post by esmeralda123
Is the student loan payed with interest?

The student loans starts to accrue interest the moment you take it out. Paying back however doesn't occur until you start earning over a certain amount a year (£21,000 or £25,000, I'd need to double check) - or if your have summer job and earn more than the monthly amount would be (This actually happened to me last summer as the salary would have been equivalent to more than £21,000 a year had it been a permanent job, this is due to a change in law that recently occurred and means that students working summer jobs end up paying tax and NI when they previously would not have).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending