Ukcat in 3 days Watch

Ada001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've done many practice questions (Kaplan, The Medic Portal, Medify, a few from UKCATninja, passUKCAT) but I can't seem to score highly (or even obtain a satisfactory score at all). My average on The Medic Portal is 62% but I find these questions easier than others. I'm aiming for a score of 700 and I saw online that to get this I need to be achieving an average of about 78%, I'm trying to work on my strategy but it's a bit hit and miss... will it be possible for me to improve in this time or should I just reschedule? Thanks
HGS345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For Verbal reasoning aim to answer 33/44 questions, you're more likely to get 33/44 if you aim to properly answer 33/44 as opposed to trying to answer all 44. Just guess and flag the 11 really tough questions. You'll find you have way more time for the easier questions due to just having more time, and also due to less stress. You'll end up finishing those 33 before the times up, use whatever time you have left to get the rest done.

For quantitative reasoning, same thing as VR. Go for 27/36. Fix your mental arithmetic skills up to do fast calculations in your head (if you're not already doing so) and use the computer number pad, DO NOT use the mouse and online calculator buttons, you'll save at least 3 minutes like that.

DM they changed it since I last did it so can't help with that.

AR is a hit and miss I guess, As tbh, sometimes you see the pattern, sometimes you don't. What's your strategy for it?

Btw, I got 712.5 Band 1 using these tactics. And you don't need 78%, as each section is out of 900, so mathematically it doesn't make sense. You need around 70% to get 700

If those strategies don't work, then you might want to delay and we'll work out where you're going wrong.
Ada001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you sooo much! I’ll try this in the morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.93%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (193)
30.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise