deferred entry last year, cleared higher uni but old say they cant release a deferral Watch

SnorlaxForQueen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, so my girlfriend received an unconditional offer last year from York St Johns, which she accepted but deferred because she wanted to resit and try and get somewhere better.

She resat and this year and had the grades to reapply for a better uni.
She contacted york st johns and asked to be released into clearing which they said they would do by the end of the day, so she contacted Northumbria uni and got a place on clearing there.

Now, York are saying they cannot release her because of the deferred entry place, and that she needs to 'refer herself to the new uni'.

Northumbria offered her a place on clearing, which obviously she cant accept on track as York still shows her as a firm place, however York's email claimed she had no commitment to their uni.

She wants to recall northumbria but their hotline is closed, her offer expires tomorrow night. What's the best course of action? We are trying our best to get this sorted now, and would really appreciate the help ASAP.

Many thanks,
Callum
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SnorlaxForQueen)
Hi there, so my girlfriend received an unconditional offer last year from York St Johns, which she accepted but deferred because she wanted to resit and try and get somewhere better.

She resat and this year and had the grades to reapply for a better uni.
She contacted york st johns and asked to be released into clearing which they said they would do by the end of the day, so she contacted Northumbria uni and got a place on clearing there.

Now, York are saying they cannot release her because of the deferred entry place, and that she needs to 'refer herself to the new uni'.

Northumbria offered her a place on clearing, which obviously she cant accept on track as York still shows her as a firm place, however York's email claimed she had no commitment to their uni.

She wants to recall northumbria but their hotline is closed, her offer expires tomorrow night. What's the best course of action? We are trying our best to get this sorted now, and would really appreciate the help ASAP.

Many thanks,
Callum
Ugh this all sounds a bit complicated. Personally I would call UCAS for some advice. If the first person you speak to says they can't help, ask to speak to someone more senior.

She does need a UCAS application made on this 2017-2018 cycle to accept a clearing place. Does she have this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads