GCSE chemistry help urgent please

Watch this thread
Fifty345
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Suggest which properties of graphene would make it useful in the manufacture of bullet-proof vests.
SamMed
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
it's very thin and strong
Fifty345
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SamMed)
it's very thin and strong
It’s a 3 mark question
SamMed
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
flexible?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Very High high melting and boiling point (bullets will be hot when they are fired)
Joe Walton
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Its a good conductor of electricity and it is very strong
RickiestRick
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Joe Walton)
Its a good conductor of electricity and it is very strong

How does electricity have anything to do with stopping power?

"Oh yeah, I have my scuba kit because it's resistant to fire."
Joe Walton
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RickiestRick)
How do electricity have anything to do with stopping power?

"Oh yeah, I have my scuba kit because it's resistant to fire."
lmao I didn't read the question correctly haha. I got an A grade in chemistry at a level and GCSE, I should be reading to question fully. I was wrong there XD
IwantaAinpaper33
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fifty345)
Suggest which properties of graphene would make it useful in the manufacture of bullet-proof vests.
Graphene has many unique properties, making it an ideal material for use in bulletproof vest.
1):It has very high thermal resistance.Very high melting and boiling point which helps against the heat which is generated by the velocity of the bullet
2): Graphene is known to be one of the strongest materials ever made and a single-layer graphene sheet can withstand up to 42 N m-1 of STRESS and GREAT FORCE (Impulse/momentum), with a Young’s modulus of 1.0 Tpa. which is very useful.
3):It is incredibly light yet so strong for its weight so it is easier to carry then some vest if they were made of for e.g lead xD.
4):Graphene withstands 10 times the kinetic energy then steel can

I got A in Igcse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads