The Student Room Group

Terranova's journey to curving a UUU

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Professional G
I want to be tagged. Hope you do well in your math test and also get that A* in geography

added but you're on TSR 9-5 and do a lot of overtime anyway so you don't really need it :bubbles:

Original post by Sinnoh
:bounce:
:flip:
What's the total wordcount for geography also I'm like 70% sure I can't do coursework either.

I honestly don't remember - my teacher mentioned the word limit once but then said "you won't hit it anyway so don't worry" so I ignored it oops. If I find out on one of the many random documents I have for coursework guidance - few of which are even that useful - I'll let you know. :crazy:
Reply 61
Ooof learning to use the printer in year 13. Lmaooo, is it actually that deep.
Original post by have
Ooof learning to use the printer in year 13. Lmaooo, is it actually that deep.

The school ones fam. We use iPads remember. They do some wireless **** and it gets sent to the wrong printer all the time so I've been too scared to try it out all year in case my batty physics results with no trendline gets sent to HoD.
Reply 63
Original post by orderofthelotus
The school ones fam. We use iPads remember. They do some wireless **** and it gets sent to the wrong printer all the time so I've been too scared to try it out all year in case my batty physics results with no trendline gets sent to HoD.

I'll teach you how to use the printer if you teach me what animal crossing's about lmao
Original post by have
I'll teach you how to use the printer if you teach me what animal crossing's about lmao

Deal, I can talk about Animal Crossing all day
One wants to be added to the list :ninja:
Original post by Slowbro93
One wants to be added to the list :ninja:

Done :adore: :crazy:
UPDATE 280818

So I stuck to what I said I was prioritising last week and pretty much finished my geography coursework. It's just missing that sweet wrap-up so before I start every else that needs to be done by this time next week, I'm gonna try and figure that out. It's a pain because... all the sections are there. It's complete. I just can't be having that abrupt ending and I have no idea how to fix it. So I'll just stare at it until it comes to me, and hopefully that'll be by the end of today so I can get the other **** done.

I've ended up adding to the lab book and maths test list and I'm going to write a redraft of my personal statement since I might be applying for Cambridge since my predicted grades are going to scrape the requirements so why not (don't ask me what college, I have no clue), and I'm going to do that first so I can get feedback on it within the next two or three weeks. And I can sort out the other two while I'm waiting.

A big fat pat on the back for Jackie in June for taking the first draft so seriously, because it's really cut down how much work I need to do for it now. I just need to fix up the structure and maybe rewrite some paragraphs to give it more of a specific direction towards the kind of geography I'm actually really interested in, instead of the general geography personal statement it is right now. There's a lie somewhere in there about how much I care about regeneration that needs fixing.

Hopefully my PS work for this draft won't take too long since yeah, I really need to stop putting off that lab book sorting and I feel like I might be using my PS as a productive excuse.

How does everyone feel about summer coming to an end? I'm bored of summer but I'm not quite ready for Year 13 - my head is definitely not in the right place since there's been a sudden spike in my gaming hours a couple weeks prior to summer that still hasn't come down yet, and my sleep schedule is screwed. I also feel like I haven't done everything I wanted to this summer rip.

You know the drill: comment if you want out, comment if you want in.

@thotproduct @Sinnoh @_gcx @Quirky Object @Volibear @Lemur14 @Vikingninja @DeepInTheMeadow @bobby147 @have @dinomite @zq01 @gcsemusicsucks @i cry a lot @Professional G @RickHendricks @Slowbro93

UPDATE 280818

So I stuck to what I said I was prioritising last week and pretty much finished my geography coursework. It's just missing that sweet wrap-up so before I start every else that needs to be done by this time next week, I'm gonna try and figure that out. It's a pain because... all the sections are there. It's complete. I just can't be having that abrupt ending and I have no idea how to fix it. So I'll just stare at it until it comes to me, and hopefully that'll be by the end of today so I can get the other **** done.

I've ended up adding to the lab book and maths test list and I'm going to write a redraft of my personal statement since I might be applying for Cambridge since my predicted grades are going to scrape the requirements so why not (don't ask me what college, I have no clue), and I'm going to do that first so I can get feedback on it within the next two or three weeks. And I can sort out the other two while I'm waiting.

A big fat pat on the back for Jackie in June for taking the first draft so seriously, because it's really cut down how much work I need to do for it now. I just need to fix up the structure and maybe rewrite some paragraphs to give it more of a specific direction towards the kind of geography I'm actually really interested in, instead of the general geography personal statement it is right now. There's a lie somewhere in there about how much I care about regeneration that needs fixing.

Hopefully my PS work for this draft won't take too long since yeah, I really need to stop putting off that lab book sorting and I feel like I might be using my PS as a productive excuse.

How does everyone feel about summer coming to an end? I'm bored of summer but I'm not quite ready for Year 13 - my head is definitely not in the right place since there's been a sudden spike in my gaming hours a couple weeks prior to summer that still hasn't come down yet, and my sleep schedule is screwed. I also feel like I haven't done everything I wanted to this summer rip.

@thotproduct @Sinnoh @_gcx @Quirky Object @Volibear @Lemur14 @Vikingninja @DeepInTheMeadow @bobby147 @have @dinomite @zq01 @gcsemusicsucks @i cry a lot @Professional G @RickHendricks @Slowbro93

:crazy:
UPDATE 280818

Well done on the geography homework. Wait? You’re applying to Cambridge? Ayyy, taking your chances I see. Who knows? Might end up holding a offer 😉. Personal statement is important so it’s good that you’re doing it now.
Uni is going to be a drag. Hopefully I do well in my first year (getting kicked out will be the end of me). I think the best thing you need to do is to take breaks. Get your head together and focus. Year 13 is only a week away l. You can do this. Good luck
Reply 70

The mood is real
How many drafts are you expected to do for PSs nowadays?

Well done on the coursework btw :smile:
Original post by Sinnoh
The mood is real

f

uno it was your PS yelling that reminded me mine existed and that my teacher said she recommended me to do some work on it and email it to her for feedback on the first week safdljhjg

How many drafts are you expected to do for PSs nowadays?

Well done on the coursework btw :smile:

Until it's the way you want it, I guess... Some people have ass first drafts that need loads of redrafts and work and other people get pretty close the first or second time. I think I might need about 3 or 4. (Inb4 my teacher says it sucks more than I realise it does and I'll need like 8 lul)

And thank you, it was a fat drag and almost 5000 words :coma: I'm not too confident with it but I did my best and it's 20% of my A-level and I really want/need an A*

Original post by Professional G
Well done on the geography homework. Wait? You’re applying to Cambridge? Ayyy, taking your chances I see. Who knows? Might end up holding a offer 😉. Personal statement is important so it’s good that you’re doing it now.
Uni is going to be a drag. Hopefully I do well in my first year (getting kicked out will be the end of me). I think the best thing you need to do is to take breaks. Get your head together and focus. Year 13 is only a week away l. You can do this. Good luck

I mean, yeah, I like their course and my predictions are going to be A*AA which is a typical Cambridge humanities offer, so I might as well try. I also did admissions test work with other Oxbridge applicants from school but I didn't think I'd make the grades so I didn't take it too seriously fml but stayed in case I did scrape the grades, which I did. I'll have to do extra work on the TSA a lot more from now... I'm still expecting a rejection though lul but might as well try - there's nothing to lose since if I miss Cambridge, then I'll still land on some other cool uni so it's all good there, and I have no self esteem anyway.
f

uno it was your PS yelling that reminded me mine existed and that my teacher said she recommended me to do some work on it and email it to her for feedback on the first week safdljhjg

Until it's the way you want it, I guess... Some people have ass first drafts that need loads of redrafts and work and other people get pretty close the first or second time. I think I might need about 3 or 4. (Inb4 my teacher says it sucks more than I realise it does and I'll need like 8 lul)

And thank you, it was a fat drag and almost 5000 words :coma: I'm not too confident with it but I did my best and it's 20% of my A-level and I really want/need an A*

I mean, yeah, I like their course and my predictions are going to be A*AA which is a typical Cambridge humanities offer, so I might as well try. I also did admissions test work with other Oxbridge applicants from school but I didn't think I'd make the grades so I didn't take it too seriously fml but stayed in case I did scrape the grades, which I did. I'll have to do extra work on the TSA a lot more from now... I'm still expecting a rejection though lul but might as well try - there's nothing to lose since if I miss Cambridge, then I'll still land on some other cool uni so it's all good there, and I have no self esteem anyway.

Definitely don't want to do my PS again, that was so much stress, it was unreal!

When do you get your coursework marks back?
UPDATE 280818

Definitely feel like the summer is slipping away from me too! SO much work and stuff that I haven't done arrgh! When do you start back?
Definitely don't want to do my PS again, that was so much stress, it was unreal!

When do you get your coursework marks back?

Not sure feelsbadman. I don't think we were even told, otherwise I'd have it down somewhere.

Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Definitely feel like the summer is slipping away from me too! SO much work and stuff that I haven't done arrgh! When do you start back?

The 5th :coma:
Original post by Volibear
Proud of you boo

Oof you just got here I LOVE U BIH I AIN'T EVER GONNA STOP LOVING U BITH :loveduck:
Reply 77
You know you're getting older when you want school to start back up again. I'm excited tbh. Big year for Big nibbas, this is how we roll.
Original post by Volibear
Tapeworm

big oof

Original post by have
You know you're getting older when you want school to start back up again. I'm excited tbh. Big year for Big nibbas, this is how we roll.

I only have my Cambridge rejection and/or grade tanking to look forward to so I can't relate. Does that make me a little nibba
Reply 79
big oof

I only have my Cambridge rejection and/or grade tanking to look forward to so I can't relate. Does that make me a little nibba

A Lotuslet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending