retaking year 13 for IB Advice PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Watch
BonBon2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey all, i just finished year 13 and have gotten BBC unfortunately, i know this will affect my chances of getting into investment banking , but i want your opinion what i should do,
1) i have gotten into my insurance in Brunel for economics, and plan to do a masters in the likes of CASS, LSE if possible leading to investment banking

2) i take a foundation year at Manchester doing a harder degree course, then continue with this degree and get internships etc into investment banking

3) I retake year 13 and get into a good uni -----> investment banker

PLEASE REPLY SOON!!!!!
BonBon2
Rep:
?
anyone please ?
okey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Retake. I'm in the same position and A-levels would filter us out for a lot of firms.
BonBon2
Rep:
?
(Original post by okey)
Retake. I'm in the same position and A-levels would filter us out for a lot of firms.
can i ask what a levels you are doing and what were your results?
woodsyk33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not true, my friend got BCC in her alevels but had an unconditional for brum. Shes now an investment banker after only having left uni 2 years ago.
BonBon2
Rep:
?
(Original post by woodsyk33)
Not true, my friend got BCC in her alevels but had an unconditional for brum. Shes now an investment banker after only having left uni 2 years ago.
thats great !, can i ask if she did any internships in her second year of uni and how they went , and what bank does she work for now.
woodsyk33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BonBon2)
thats great !, can i ask if she did any internships in her second year of uni and how they went , and what bank does she work for now.
From what I know she did no internships and for Barclays
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads