tillycobley
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I got offers to both my firm and insurance choices yesterday but I decided that I no longer wanted to go to my firm and instead wanted to go to my insurance so I called both and my firm said that they would release me and send a release email within 24 hours but I haven’t received it yet and it hasn’t updated on UCAS that I’m going to my insurance instead so I’m a little worried. Any advice??
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
when you say you talked to both; you mean you told your insurance that you want them and you want them to confirm a spot -> they gave you a verbal offer.
And your firm did not yet release you, am i understanding it right?
You should call your firm and make them release you into clearing ASAP.

The thing is, you need your insurance to confirm you a spot, i.e. give you a verbal offer. This is because once your firm releases you, you enter clearing. Thats how the rules work. And then from clearing, you will apply to your insurance course and your insurance will accept you. Thats why it's important for your insurance to guarantee you an offer. If your insurance does not guarantee you an offer, then you could end up in clearing with no uni wanting you.

You need to pressure your firm into releasing you by calling them repeatedly.

Since you met/exceeded your offer, have you considered adjustment and tried looking for a even better uni to enter?
tillycobley
Rep:
?
Hi,
Yes I called my insurance and they have confirmed a spot for me verbally and no, it seems send if my firm have not released me yet as they said that they would send an email and I have not received it yet and that was over 24 hours ago. Thank you for the info, I’ll call my firm tomorrow to ensure that they release me. Unfortunately I didn’t actually meet the grade requirements for either university however they both still accepted me so I wasn’t eligible for adjustment.

Thanks again!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tillycobley)
Hi,
Yes I called my insurance and they have confirmed a spot for me verbally and no, it seems send if my firm have not released me yet as they said that they would send an email and I have not received it yet and that was over 24 hours ago. Thank you for the info, I’ll call my firm tomorrow to ensure that they release me. Unfortunately I didn’t actually meet the grade requirements for either university however they both still accepted me so I wasn’t eligible for adjustment.

Thanks again!
Since you got a verbal offer, you are now in your insurance uni - they cant take the offer back. Congrats.
Definitely call and see what's happening with them.
Understandable - but nice job either way. Tag me SomMC1 if you got further questions or reply directly to my post so that I get notified if you reply

Congrats
tillycobley
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomMC1)
Since you got a verbal offer, you are now in your insurance uni - they cant take the offer back. Congrats.
Definitely call and see what's happening with them.
Understandable - but nice job either way. Tag me SomMC1 if you got further questions or reply directly to my post so that I get notified if you reply

Congrats
Ahh that’s fab, thank you so much for all of your help!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tillycobley)
Ahh that’s fab, thank you so much for all of your help!
Youre welcome enjoy uni this year
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ring your firm and find out what's going on and how long it will take to put you in clearing
tillycobley
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Ring your firm and find out what's going on and how long it will take to put you in clearing
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
10.53%
They might tell the bully (3)
15.79%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
15.79%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
31.58%
There's nothing they could do (5)
26.32%

Watched Threads