Unremarkable ventures II Watch

_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
Ahh right, that makes sense. I mean assuming you get the grades for the maths which is like 99% I'd guess then I'd expect them to be relatively willing :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did email about changing on results day a little bit after my interview, but they haven't got back to me yet. Worst comes to the worst I'll have to switch after the first year. (but that won't change the modules I want to take at all, iirc it was mainly the restrictions in the third year that were offputting)
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I did email about changing on results day a little bit after my interview, but they haven't got back to me yet. Worst comes to the worst I'll have to switch after the first year. (but that won't change the modules I want to take at all, iirc it was mainly the restrictions in the third year that were offputting)
Ahh, hopefully they'll get back to you in the new year then! You've obviously still got plenty of time to switch if it's the third year restrictions so that's good
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
obligatory d-day update

thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
proud
etothepiiplusone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
wow _gcx, great maths, keep it up, proud of you
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
omg, how did i miss this?! congrats!! :woo:
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
omg, how did i miss this?! congrats!! :woo:
Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't want to include the tag list for fear of seeming like bragging
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't want to include the tag list for fear of seeming like bragging
:hugs: it's not tho :nah: you've worked hard for it so be proud :yep:
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
obligatory d-day update

love u
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Started an update but for some reason never finished it. Not so active here nowadays.

• UCAS - Firmed cambridge (A*A*A + 1, 1 in STEP II, III) and insured warwick mathstat. (AAA + 2 in any STEP)
  • Further maths - Did an FS1 mock. Though I lost 6 marks due to a misread, I got a mark that satisfied my teacher enough to be entered for FS1, so that's done now. So STEP III will be my last exam on the 21st June, and I'll never have to do another bloody D1 paper, very happy. (my other option is FP1)
  • Physics - Got an A* in my mock which is a nice confidence boost. Still a couple of gaps though, (particularly with electric fields, could easily be oofed by a weird circuits question too) and I still need to keep this up, so I will be spending a lot of time on it in the future.
  • STEP - done a few papers. (II 2007, [which I had done before but I lost my solutions] 2010, 2011 and III 2010) Concerned that I'm working through these too fast (even though tthis has been over the space of a month, so I'll probably be going at a bit of a slower pace. I'm pretty happy with my performance in these, but I really do want to be able to access at least the easy mechanics questions, but I'm not in that position right now. Being familiar with easier vectors questions might be handy too if the rest of the pure isn't great.
  • History - Still indifferent.
  • EPQ - Promised I'd have this largely done over the half-term, so I will be doing that. Might upload it once it's done and marked etc. since there are quite literally no examples of maths EPQs online.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Glad to see you're getting on alright Remind me what you settled on for your EPQ topic in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Started an update but for some reason never finished it. Not so active here nowadays.

• UCAS - Firmed cambridge (A*A*A + 1, 1 in STEP II, III) and insured warwick mathstat. (AAA + 2 in any STEP)
  • Further maths - Did an FS1 mock. Though I lost 6 marks due to a misread, I got a mark that satisfied my teacher enough to be entered for FS1, so that's done now. So STEP III will be my last exam on the 21st June, and I'll never have to do another bloody D1 paper, very happy. (my other option is FP1)
  • Physics - Got an A* in my mock which is a nice confidence boost. Still a couple of gaps though, (particularly with electric fields, could easily be oofed by a weird circuits question too) and I still need to keep this up, so I will be spending a lot of time on it in the future.
  • STEP - done a few papers. (II 2007, [which I had done before but I lost my solutions] 2010, 2011 and III 2010) Concerned that I'm working through these too fast (even though tthis has been over the space of a month, so I'll probably be going at a bit of a slower pace. I'm pretty happy with my performance in these, but I really do want to be able to access at least the easy mechanics questions, but I'm not in that position right now. Being familiar with easier vectors questions might be handy too if the rest of the pure isn't great.
  • History - Still indifferent.
  • EPQ - Promised I'd have this largely done over the half-term, so I will be doing that. Might upload it once it's done and marked etc. since there are quite literally no examples of maths EPQs online.
Well done on the cambridge offer, both of those options look great
Nice Physics grade!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%