The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do about uni anymore.

Hey so basically I'm in a bit of a pickle For the last few months I decided I was going to pursue a physics degree and I've based all my extracurricular activities and experience for my personal statement. I've just went along with this in my mind and now its hit me how I really don't want to study this and now I'm just panicking. Now it's a long story but I can't take a gap year and I'm really panicking as to apply for another course I have nothing to talk about on my personal statement for another course and I just really need to calm down. Is it possible to get on a degree course at a top uni without relevant experience or is it essentially crucial. Agh it is such a mess I just wish I had more time :/.
You don't always need experience. Futher reading can go a long way. Try to see if there are any MOOCS for your subject (futurelearn.com). Universities accept that experience isn't always achievable, it's enthusiasm they look for.
Reply 2
Original post by undertheladder
Hey so basically I'm in a bit of a pickle For the last few months I decided I was going to pursue a physics degree and I've based all my extracurricular activities and experience for my personal statement. I've just went along with this in my mind and now its hit me how I really don't want to study this and now I'm just panicking. Now it's a long story but I can't take a gap year and I'm really panicking as to apply for another course I have nothing to talk about on my personal statement for another course and I just really need to calm down. Is it possible to get on a degree course at a top uni without relevant experience or is it essentially crucial. Agh it is such a mess I just wish I had more time :/.

For most courses you really don't need to have any extracurriculars. What are you considering studying?
You've got time before you need to apply in January (unless you want Oxbridge or medicine). Do reading etc linked to your new course preference :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending