The Student Room Group

Applying to Clearing Course

Hello, so recently I got a clearing place when I called a university, however I don’t have UCAS track as I didn’t apply for this year, If I’ve sent my application now for UCAS will I be able to access track very soon so I can accept this clearing offer on UCAS track as I don’t have ucas track atm
Original post by Hdisaa
Hello, so recently I got a clearing place when I called a university, however I don’t have UCAS track as I didn’t apply for this year, If I’ve sent my application now for UCAS will I be able to access track very soon so I can accept this clearing offer on UCAS track as I don’t have ucas track atm

Firstly, have you definitely applied for 2018 applications on UCAS as the 2019 one is probably the default setting?
I'd expect it would be soon, however keep the uni updated with what's happening and Perhaps ask if an RPA form would be possible (they'll know what you mean if they accept them)
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
Firstly, have you definitely applied for 2018 applications on UCAS as the 2019 one is probably the default setting?
I'd expect it would be soon, however keep the uni updated with what's happening and Perhaps ask if an RPA form would be possible (they'll know what you mean if they accept them)

Yes I am applying for 2018 entry as my UCAS had said application for 2018 entry, so if I pay and send off will I be able to access ucas track very shortly to accept this clearing offer, and what’s an RPA form?
Original post by Hdisaa
Yes I am applying for 2018 entry as my UCAS had said application for 2018 entry, so if I pay and send off will I be able to access ucas track very shortly to accept this clearing offer, and what’s an RPA form?
Ahh you haven't sent it through yet? Yes track should be accessible very quickly after it's been sent off :smile:
An RPA form is something unis can accept if someone can't apply through UCAS for one reason or another, but it's better to apply through UCAS so I'd do that as you can :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14
Ahh you haven't sent it through yet? Yes track should be accessible very quickly after it's been sent off :smile:
An RPA form is something unis can accept if someone can't apply through UCAS for one reason or another, but it's better to apply through UCAS so I'd do that as you can :smile:

Do I have to contact the person who sends the applications to UCAS off from college and also keep the university updated so I don’t lose my place?
Original post by Hdisaa
Do I have to contact the person who sends the applications to UCAS off from college and also keep the university updated so I don’t lose my place?

f you've said you're applying with a school then yes as they'll need to add a reference. If you're applying as an independent person no however as they don't need to do anything.
Keep the uni updated if there's any delays so you don't lose your places but if it's all smooth sailing then all should be fine :smile:
Reply 6
I’ll be in touch with the person from my college on Monday, hopefully all goes well I’ll contact Teesside university tomorrow to let them know.
Reply 7
Original post by Lemur14
f you've said you're applying with a school then yes as they'll need to add a reference. If you're applying as an independent person no however as they don't need to do anything.
Keep the uni updated if there's any delays so you don't lose your places but if it's all smooth sailing then all should be fine :smile:

Thanks a lot, if I have any questions can I @ you later on?
Original post by Hdisaa
Thanks a lot, if I have any questions can I @ you later on?
You're welcome :smile: You can do, but I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I can't guarantee speed of response unfortunately...
Original post by Lemur14

I tried to go down the RPA route today but the woman on the phone was insisting that I can only get a place once I have an active UCAS application. I was hoping that I didn't need to pay £24 as I don't really have that. :s-smilie:
Original post by Miss_mischy
I tried to go down the RPA route today but the woman on the phone was insisting that I can only get a place once I have an active UCAS application. I was hoping that I didn't need to pay £24 as I don't really have that. :s-smilie:

Ahh :frown: Unfortunately it costs the university money to use RPAs so many don't allow it. Can sympathise though, must be frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Lemur14
Ahh :frown: Unfortunately it costs the university money to use RPAs so many don't allow it. Can sympathise though, must be frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also applied to student finance today, can I tell the university that the first payment may be a little late? The course starts on 17th of September
Original post by Hdisaa
I also applied to student finance today, can I tell the university that the first payment may be a little late? The course starts on 17th of September

Yes you can. Usually as long as you've applied and keep them informed they're flexible with the payment date (generally up to the end of the first term, but can be beyond that if SFE are being a pain) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Lemur14
Yes you can. Usually as long as you've applied and keep them informed they're flexible with the payment date (generally up to the end of the first term, but can be beyond that if SFE are being a pain) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot I appreciate it! Enjoy your vacation 😀
Original post by Hdisaa
Thanks a lot I appreciate it! Enjoy your vacation 😀

You're welcome :smile: Shall do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending