anomalygirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Been looking at the P20 Pro for awhile and design-wise I like the look of the phone, though THAT is down to opinion on design.

However, I have heard the phone software (or something) is last generation and more outdated than other 2018 phones.

What are people's opinions on the phone though, speaking to those who have the phone or have heard things about it?
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dont have the P20 but I have the P10 and I can say Huawei phones are amazing. Soo much better than Apple products that just make their phones obsolete every 2 years when you cant download the latest software
6928a538
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gus_4)
I dont have the P20 but I have the P10 and I can say Huawei phones are amazing. Soo much better than Apple products that just make their phones obsolete every 2 years when you cant download the latest software
Except apple is updating every phone since the 5s (which came out in 2013) to ios12? Meanwhile most people wait months for a new android update if they even get it at all
anomalygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by 6928a538)
Except apple is updating every phone since the 5s (which came out in 2013) to ios12? Meanwhile most people wait months for a new android update if they even get it at all
I had the iPhone 5 when it came out and now I'm on the iPhone 5S which I got in 2015. However, I had the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it was superb (until it got stolen)! I would definitely recommend it. Gone off of Apple and Huawei has just overtook Apple becoming second best seller behind Samsung.

Never had a Huawei before though so I kind of fancy a change!
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Updates are irrelevant as long as the phone works. Ask anyone with an IPhone 5 or 6 and they will tell you they dont update to the latest ios because they dont have the storage or theh cant be arsed and their phone will still work fine.
Nabundle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You could wait till the mate 20 pro comes out(I'm doing that myself). Will very likely by wayyy better.
I agree that the p20 pro does look spectacular, especially the twilight colourway. I see people with them sometimes on the tube and it really catches your eye when the light glints off of the surface.
anomalygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gus_4)
Updates are irrelevant as long as the phone works. Ask anyone with an IPhone 5 or 6 and they will tell you they dont update to the latest ios because they dont have the storage or theh cant be arsed and their phone will still work fine.
Apple got sent to court didn't they? Because they made it so their later iOS updates slowed the older models down, hence forcing consumers to upgrade.
As Apple got caught out and the brand is slowly going downhill, I think Apple are going to start realising how they're treating their customers and hopefully make a progressive difference.
anomalygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ihatelife2)
You could wait till the mate 20 pro comes out(I'm doing that myself). Will very likely by wayyy better.
I agree that the p20 pro does look spectacular, especially the twilight colourway. I see people with them sometimes on the tube and it really catches your eye when the light glints off of the surface.
When does it come out?
I heard about this today as P20 Pro has gone on sale due to the release of the new phone. However if the price is insanely high it will put me off and therefore probably buy an older model anyway.
Depends how much better their new model is!
Nabundle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anomalygirl)
When does it come out?
I heard about this today as P20 Pro has gone on sale due to the release of the new phone. However if the price is insanely high it will put me off and therefore probably buy an older model anyway.
Depends how much better their new model is!
It hasn't been announced yet but I expect it to be around October.
It will definitely be more expensive than the P20 pro but I've been saving up for a while to get a new phone so I hope I'll be able to get a good phone. It will probably be around £700. I'm also thinking of getting the next one plus phone but I'm sure it's design won't rival that of the p20 pro. I don't really mind because I'm putting a case on anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
17.94%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (73)
27.86%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (100)
38.17%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (33)
12.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.44%

Watched Threads