Should I buy a chromebook for university?

Watch
musarat365
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I will be starting my first year of uni from September and have been looking for a new laptop to buy.

I have been thinking about getting a chromebook as they seem quite affordable and light but my question is, will they be useful for university in terms of typing notes during lectures/seminars, writing essays, reading documents, surfing the web etc?

Also, will I be able to use Microsoft Office on a chromebook?
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A Chromebook will easily suffice for Uni. Also, you will be able to get Microsoft Office
JemimaJ
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I purchased one for my first year as well. I have a MacBook but for taking with me I find it too heavy (I do have arthritis in my shoulder). I wanted something light and easy to use and found this in Chromebooks.

It’s simply for surfing the net and typing up notes, emails and assignments.

We have access to Microsoft Student and as it’s web based it will run on Chromebook.

I honestly didn’t want to pay a fortune as I am waiting on an assessment for my disabled student allowance as well.

Good luck with your studies and I hope you enjoy your new university:-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads