unippl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So this is my first blog and I'm not sure what to write. However, having survived the immense stress of results day, I can give some pretty useful info on offers: firm grades, insurance and clearing options, and while i try to help out, I'll also be multitasking and getting everything ready for uni in less than a month!!
If anyone needs advice on a uni they chose through clearing but aren't sure they want to firm, please tell me!

Here are some things I need to do (in no particular order)

passport renewal/ any form of ID (for freshers and nightlife)
food shopping list
clothes i need to buy
get my laptop fixed
arrange tickets for going to uni
looking at cheap options to travel
confirm accommodation (no news yet)
add myself to all the edu links i've been sent
arrange homeware (bed linen, cooking pans etc)
buy stationary
throw my birthday/leaving home party
find out about the societies available
and join them
join at least 2 sports because I'm a couch potato
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by unippl)
So this is my first blog and I'm not sure what to write. However, having survived the immense stress of results day, I can give some pretty useful info on offers: firm grades, insurance and clearing options, and while i try to help out, I'll also be multitasking and getting everything ready for uni in less than a month!!
If anyone needs advice on a uni they chose through clearing but aren't sure they want to firm, please tell me!

food shopping list
clothes i need to buy
get my laptop fixed
buy stationary
and join them
Congrats on getting through results day What course are you going to be studying?

Looking through your to-do list has reminded me of a couple of things I'm currently missing on mine so ty for that!
unippl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goz Unlimited)
Congrats on getting through results day What course are you going to be studying?

Looking through your to-do list has reminded me of a couple of things I'm currently missing on mine so ty for that!
thank you! congrats to you you law. what about you? i also have a very detailed list of things that i need to take with me. if you like i can post that here as well.
Toki the Dumdum
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thank you! congrats to you you law. what about you? i also have a very detailed list of things that i need to take with me. if you like i can post that here as well.
Ooo law. Nice I'll be doing maths.

I've got a very detailed one too as I'm going to be travelling by public transport on my own and will need to be able to carry it all. Have been thinking about it a lot but could probably do with reading some other peoples lists.
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds awesome

Which university are you studying with, might I ask?
minivampire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Couch potato - literally me too
unippl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goz Unlimited)
Ooo law. Nice I'll be doing maths.

I've got a very detailed one too as I'm going to be travelling by public transport on my own and will need to be able to carry it all. Have been thinking about it a lot but could probably do with reading some other peoples lists.
maths is pretty impressive, wow! so will i! i dont know how i'll take everything, there's quite a lot! i'll send my list, just need to figure out how haha. when do you start uni?
unippl
Rep:
?
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
Sounds awesome

Which university are you studying with, might I ask?
Glasgow! you??
unippl
Rep:
?
(Original post by minivampire)
Couch potato - literally me too
*high five*
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Glasgow! you??
Southampton 😊
Toki the Dumdum
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
maths is pretty impressive, wow! so will i! i dont know how i'll take everything, there's quite a lot! i'll send my list, just need to figure out how haha. when do you start uni?
Course starts 25th Sept but can move in a little earlier for fresher silliness I think. And yours?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

food shopping list
clothes i need to buy
get my laptop fixed
buy stationary
and join them
good luck for freshers, sounds like you're pretty organised one tip i'd say is to wait to get stationary till after your freshers fair, you can get so many free pens and notebooks and even tins of beans given out at them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads