The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Changing university course at university of nottingham

ga
Original post by PrincessBabble17
how easy is it for example to change courses during the first few weeks of univerisity (including freshers) from history to law / law to history or from microbiology to biochemistry? would there any additional reuqirments like extra credits or something?

thanks!

History to Law is unlikely at Nottingham given how competitive their law course is compared to History. I believe Nottingham also require the LNAT.

If it's vice versa, then it's probably easier. Again, depending on space.

Microbiology to Biochem should be fairly straightforward if you meet the criteria and have space.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
if i didnt have the grades would there be any other way to switch or is it better to look for a biochem course in clearing even tho i love the uni
Original post by PrincessBabble17
if i didnt have the grades would there be any other way to switch or is it better to look for a biochem course in clearing even tho i love the uni

They might consider it - I don't know. How far off are you in terms of grades? If it's one or two, then it's possible.

Again, this all depends on how much space they have. It's worth calling up Nottingham and asking ASAP.
Reply 4
Moved to Notts Uni forum :smile:
Worth contacting them. You might get lucky, but you definitely won't get anywhere if you don't ask.
The best decision depends on you, what you want to do etc and the likelihood of you being able to do it depends on each course's requirements and how full they are. The longer you wait the more likely they are to fill any spaces through clearing or swapping other students so ask now if it's something you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending