Turn on thread page Beta

Hi. I'm 19- typically a somewhat reserved girl and my luck has it time and time again that I make new friends and then they ignore me all together when they find out that I'm not into partying. I'm also a college student so when I'm in class and I THINK I made some kind of friendship,no one ever reaches out to me outside of class. I do all the initiation of conversation and exchanging phone numbers but never get any texts or plans to hang out or study together in return. I also find it hard to keep convos interesting with my generation since I'm not a big social media person other than snapchat since I was bullied in school and don't wanna carry that over into another platform and almost all convos among peers are social media related. maybe I give off a vibe of some sort and it makes me self conscious as though I'm doing something wrong...i also don't wanna change for anyone or be someone I'm not.falling in love is something I've been waiting to happen as I work on myself as a whole but no one really seems to notice or even acknowledge my presence.am I invisible?...idk...help?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi. I'm 19- typically a somewhat reserved girl and my luck has it time and time again that I make new friends and then they ignore me all together when they find out that I'm not into partying. I'm also a college student so when I'm in class and I THINK I made some kind of friendship,no one ever reaches out to me outside of class. I do all the initiation of conversation and exchanging phone numbers but never get any texts or plans to hang out or study together in return. I also find it hard to keep convos interesting with my generation since I'm not a big social media person other than snapchat since I was bullied in school and don't wanna carry that over into another platform and almost all convos among peers are social media related. maybe I give off a vibe of some sort and it makes me self conscious as though I'm doing something wrong...i also don't wanna change for anyone or be someone I'm not.falling in love is something I've been waiting to happen as I work on myself as a whole but no one really seems to notice or even acknowledge my presence.am I invisible?...idk...help?
    Have you tried inviting people to do things with you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.