oliviabrinklow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I didn’t get any of the accommodation I wanted at Loughborough and now I have Telford which is shared bathroom between several people and I’m not happy and I asked to change but all the other ones are full and already taken, I can go on the swap list on Monday but no one is likely to want to swap bakewell for Telford

I’m quite disappointed and makes me feel more anxious about joining the uni
Does anyone know what Telford is like??
Can I still change to bakewell??

Thank you
dolores01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Olivia,

I can say from personal experience that the staff at Loughborough are very kind and cooperative. If you call and express dissatisfaction with your accommodation, you might be able to get a different room.

After a call, I managed to get a deluxe twin en-suite room (I'll share everything with my roommate, but hey, still better than sharing it with more people, right). There's no harm in trying and I'm sure they could arrange something, especially if price isn't an issue for you.

Cheers,
Dolores
PenguinEmperor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oliviabrinklow)
So I didn’t get any of the accommodation I wanted at Loughborough and now I have Telford which is shared bathroom between several people and I’m not happy and I asked to change but all the other ones are full and already taken, I can go on the swap list on Monday but no one is likely to want to swap bakewell for Telford

I’m quite disappointed and makes me feel more anxious about joining the uni
Does anyone know what Telford is like??
Can I still change to bakewell??

Thank you
Hey, I've been a Student at Loughborough for two years, so I can tell you from personal experience.
In my first year I was in Hazlerig Rutland, meaning I had an En-suite room. Whereas in 2nd year I moved into accommodation, where the bathrooms were shared.
In all reality you adapt to either situation and sharing a bathroom will likely become a non-issue for you after a week or two once you get use to it. It is definitely something different having to share a bathroom with people you won't know well at the beginning, but that is a major part of the University experience and they have been designed for this purpose and will be regularly cleaned.
oliviabrinklow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
[QUOTE=dolores01;79356978]Hi Olivia,

i have called already and asked but they said they cant do anything as all the other rooms are taken so they would literally have to chuck some one out?

is this the case? as i was hoping showing that i wasn't happy over the phone would let me change but i haven't been able to change?

thanks
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
En suite rooms seem to cost about £2k per annum more than non en-suite. Thats a fortune to spend for a bit more comfort. You could do a lot with two thousand pounds/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (262)
58.88%
No (150)
33.71%

Watched Threads